The authors report no commercial relationships that might pose a conflict of interest in connection with this article.
Acute-on-chronic liver failure: Excellent outcomes after liver transplantation but high mortality on the wait list
Article first published online: 25 JUL 2013
© 2013 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 19, Issue 8, pages 879–886, August 2013
How to Cite
Finkenstedt, A., Nachbaur, K., Zoller, H., Joannidis, M., Pratschke, J., Graziadei, I. W. and Vogel, W. (2013), Acute-on-chronic liver failure: Excellent outcomes after liver transplantation but high mortality on the wait list. Liver Transpl, 19: 879–886. doi: 10.1002/lt.23678
- Issue published online: 29 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 25 JUL 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 21 MAY 2013 03:51AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 12 FEB 2013
- 2Profiles and outcome of patients with liver cirrhosis requiring mechanical ventilation. J Intensive Care Med 2012;27:373-378., , , , .
- 5The pathophysiological basis of acute-on-chronic liver failure. Liver 2002;22(suppl 2):5-13., , .
- 14European Association for the Study of the Liver. EASL clinical practice guidelines on the management of ascites, spontaneous bacterial peritonitis, and hepatorenal syndrome in cirrhosis. J Hepatol 2010;53:397-417.
- 15Definitions for sepsis and organ failure and guidelines for the use of innovative therapies in sepsis. The ACCP/SCCM Consensus Conference Committee. American College of Chest Physicians/Society of Critical Care Medicine. Chest 1992;101:1644-1655., , , , , , et al.
- 18for CANONIC Study Investigators of the EASL-CLIF Consortium. Acute-on-chronic liver failure is a distinct syndrome that develops in patients with acute decompensation of cirrhosis. Gastroenterology; doi:10. 1053/j.gastro.2013.02.042., , , , , , et al.;