See Article on Page 675
Sirolimus as a calcineurin inhibitor– and renal-sparing agent: All good things come to those who wait versus spare the nephron, spoil the patient
Article first published online: 29 JUL 2013
© 2013 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 19, Issue 8, pages 787–789, August 2013
How to Cite
Charlton, M. R. (2013), Sirolimus as a calcineurin inhibitor– and renal-sparing agent: All good things come to those who wait versus spare the nephron, spoil the patient. Liver Transpl, 19: 787–789. doi: 10.1002/lt.23698
- Issue published online: 29 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 29 JUL 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 JUN 2013 11:50AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 7 JUN 2013
- 1United Network for Organ Sharing. http://www.unos.org. Accessed June 2013.
- 5Food and Drug Administration. Highlights of prescribing information for Rapamune. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2010/021110s058lbl.pdf. Accessed June 2013.
- 6for Rapamune Liver Transplant Study Group. The safety and efficacy of sirolimus and cyclosporine versus tacrolimus in de novo orthotopic liver transplant recipients: results from a pilot study [abstract]. Hepatology 2001;34:254A., , ;
- 7Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Safety/MedWatch. Accessed June 2013.
- 9for the Spare-the-Nephron Trial Liver Transplantation Study Group. Calcineurin inhibitor–free mycophenolate mofetil/sirolimus maintenance in liver transplantation: the randomized Spare-the-Nephron trial. Liver Transpl 2013;19:675-689., , , , , , et al.;
- 10for Sirolimus Liver Conversion Trial Study Group. Sirolimus conversion regimen versus continued calcineurin inhibitors in liver allograft recipients: a randomized trial. Am J Transplant 2012;12:694-705., , , , , , et al.;
- 11for the H2304 Study Group. Renal function at two years in liver transplant patients receiving everolimus: results of a randomized, multicenter study. Am J Transplant; doi:10.1111/ajt.12280., , , , , , et al.;