This research was funded by the RBC Research Chair at HEC Montréal, the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), the John Molson School of Business at Concordia University and the Fond de la recherche sur la société et la culture (FQRSC). The authors are thankful to Manon Arcand, Annie Boisvert, Jacques Nantel, Sylvain Sénécal and Jean-François Ouellet for their comments on previous drafts of this manuscript. The data was collected as part of the M.Sc. thesis of the first author at HEC Montréal.
Avatars as information: Perception of consumers based on their avatars in virtual worlds†
Article first published online: 6 JUL 2010
© 2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Psychology & Marketing
Volume 27, Issue 8, pages 741–765, August 2010
How to Cite
Bélisle, J.-F. and Bodur, H. O. (2010), Avatars as information: Perception of consumers based on their avatars in virtual worlds. Psychol. Mark., 27: 741–765. doi: 10.1002/mar.20354
- Issue published online: 6 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 6 JUL 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!