This research was funded by the RBC Research Chair at HEC Montréal, the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), the John Molson School of Business at Concordia University and the Fond de la recherche sur la société et la culture (FQRSC). The authors are thankful to Manon Arcand, Annie Boisvert, Jacques Nantel, Sylvain Sénécal and Jean-François Ouellet for their comments on previous drafts of this manuscript. The data was collected as part of the M.Sc. thesis of the first author at HEC Montréal.
Avatars as information: Perception of consumers based on their avatars in virtual worlds†
Article first published online: 6 JUL 2010
© 2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Psychology & Marketing
Volume 27, Issue 8, pages 741–765, August 2010
How to Cite
Bélisle, J.-F. and Bodur, H. O. (2010), Avatars as information: Perception of consumers based on their avatars in virtual worlds. Psychol. Mark., 27: 741–765. doi: 10.1002/mar.20354
- Issue published online: 6 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 6 JUL 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!