These authors contributed equally to this work.
Increased 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate deaminase activity enhances Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated gene delivery into plant cells
Article first published online: 2 SEP 2013
© 2013 The Authors. MicrobiologyOpen published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Volume 2, Issue 5, pages 873–880, October 2013
How to Cite
MicrobiologyOpen 2013; 2(5): 873–880
- Issue published online: 8 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 2 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 11 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 22 APR 2013
- New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO)
- 2008. Salicylic acid and systemic acquired resistance play a role in attenuating crown gall disease caused by Agrobacterium tumefaciens. Plant Physiol. 146:703–715. , , , , , , et al.
- 1976. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Anal. Biochem. 72:248–254.
- 1991. Controlled expression of the transcriptional activator gene virG in Agrobacterium tumefaciens by using the Escherichia coli lac promoter. J. Bacteriol. 173:1139–1144. , and .
- 1992. Studies on the Effects of Ethylene on Transformation of Tomato Cotyledons (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.) by Agrobacterium tumefaciens. J. Plant Pysiol. 139:309–312. , , and .
- 1985. Efficient octopine Ti plasmid-derived vectors for Agrobacterium-mediated gene transfer to plants. Nucleic Acids Res. 13:4777–4788. , , , , , , et al.
- 2000. Effect of ethylene on Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated gene transfer to melon. Plant Breed. 119:75–79. , , , and .
- 2005. Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of bottle gourd (Lagenaria siceraria Standl.). Plant Cell Rep. 23:692–698. , , , , and .
- 2010. ACC deaminase increases the Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated transformation frequency of commercial canola cultivars. FEMS Microbiol. Lett. 307:185–190. , , and .
- 1978. Metabolism of 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid. Agric. Biol. Chem. 42:1825–1831. , and .
- 2012. Enhanced resistance to gray mold (Botrytis cinerea) in transgenic potato plants expressing thionin genes isolated from Brassicaceae species. Plant Biotechnol. 29:87–93. , , , and .
- 2010. Agrobacterium-produced and exogenous cytokinin-modulated Agrobacterium-mediated plant transformation. Mol. Plant Pathol. 11:677–690. , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. Proteomic and transcriptomic characterization of a virulence-deficient phosphatidylcholine-negative Agrobacterium tumefaciens mutant. Mol. Genet. Genomics 283:575–589. , , , , , , et al.
- 1995. Four new derivatives of the broad-host-range cloning vector pBBR1MCS, carrying different antibiotic-resistance cassettes. Gene 166:175–176. , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Agrobacterium tumefaciens promotes tumor induction by modulating pathogen defense in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell 21:2948–2962. , , , , , , et al.
- 1962. A revised medium for rapid growth and bio assays with tobacco tissue cultures. Physiol. Plant. 15:473–497. , and .
- 2008a. Ethylene production in plants during transformation suppresses vir gene expression in Agrobacterium tumefaciens. New Phytol. 178:647–656. , , , , , and .
- 2008b. 1-Aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate deaminase enhances Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated gene transfer into plant cells. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 74:2526–2528. , , , , and .
- 2010. An efficient Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated genetic transformation of “Egusi” melon (Colocynthis citrullus L.). Plant Cell Organ Cult. 103:15–22. , , , , and .
- 1990. Construction and expression in tobacco of a β-glucuronidase (GUS) reporter gene containing an intron within the coding sequence. Plant Cell Physiol. 31:805–813. , , , and .
- 2010. New insights into an old story: Agrobacterium-induced tumour formation in plants by plant transformation. EMBO J. 29:1021–1032. , and .
- 2010. Agroinfiltration reduces ABA levels and suppresses Pseudomonas syringae-elicited salicylic acid production in Nicotiana tabacum. PLoS ONE 5:e8977. , , , , and .
- 1985. Identification of the signal molecules produced by wounded plant cells that activate T-DNA transfer in Agrobacterium mumefaciens. Nature 318:624–629. , , , and .
- 1988. Vir box sequences in Agrobacterium tumefaciens pTiC58 and A6. Nucleic Acids Res. 16:8736. , , and .
- 2004. Agrobacterium T-DNA integration: molecules and models. Trends Genet. 20:375–383. , , , and .
- 2007. The plant signal salicylic acid shuts down expression of the vir regulon and activates quormone-quenching genes in Agrobacterium. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 104:11790–11795. , , , , , , et al.