The Primacy of Entrepreneurs in Exploiting Long-Distance Exchange
Version of Record online: 11 JUN 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Managerial and Decision Economics
Special Issue: Emergent Nature of Organization, Markets and Wisdom of Crowds
Volume 33, Issue 5-6, pages 385–407, July-September 2012
How to Cite
Kimbrough, E. O. and Wilson, B. J. (2012), The Primacy of Entrepreneurs in Exploiting Long-Distance Exchange. Manage. Decis. Econ., 33: 385–407. doi: 10.1002/mde.2550
- Issue online: 17 AUG 2012
- Version of Record online: 11 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 27 APR 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 APR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 28 MAR 2011
- 1966. The Evolution of Urban Society. Aldine Publishing Company: Chicago, IL. .
- 1972. The Uruk Countryside: The Natural Setting of Urban Societies. The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, IL. , .
- 1986. Entrepreneurship through social networks. In The Art and Science of Entrepreneurship, Sexton D, Smilor, R (eds). Ballinger: New York; 3–23. , .
- 2007. The Sumerian takeoff. In Settlement and Society: Essays Dedicated to Robert McCormick Adams, Stone EC (ed.). Cotsen Institute of Archeology: Los Angeles; 343–368. .
- 2008. A Splendid Exchange: How Trade Shaped the World. Atlantic Monthly Press: New York, NY. .
- 2009. Context matters: institutions and entrepreneurship. Foundations and Trends in Entrepreneurship 5: 135–209. , .
- 2009. Exchange and specialisation as a discovery process. The Economic Journal 119: 1162–1188. , , .
- 2008. Europe between the Oceans: 9000 bc–ad 1000. Yale University Press: New Haven, CT. .
- 1988. The Fatal Conceit: The Errors of Socialism. University of Chicago Press: Chicago, IL. .
- 2011. Geography and social networks in nascent distal exchange. Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics 167: 409–33. , .
- 2008. Historical property rights, sociality, and the emergence of personal exchange in long-distance trade. American Economic Review 98: 1009–1039. , , .
- 2010. Exchange, theft, and the social formation of property. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 74: 206–29. , , .
- 1973. Competition and Entrepreneurship. The University of Chicago Press: Chicago, IL. .
- 2010. Bourgeois Dignity. The University of Chicago Press: Chicago, IL. .
- 1991. Institutions. Journal of Economic Perspectives 5: 97–112. .
- 1982. Microeconomic systems as an experimental science. American Economic Review 72: 923–955. .
- Smith ML. (ed) 2003. The Social Construction of Ancient Cities. Smithsonian Institution: Washington, DC.
- 1997. The Ancient Mesopotamian City. Oxford University Press: New York, NY. .