A videotape accompanies this article.
Bilateral internal globus pallidus stimulation for the treatment of spasmodic torticollis†
Article first published online: 9 MAY 2001
Copyright © 2001 Movement Disorder Society
Volume 16, Issue 3, pages 489–493, May 2001
How to Cite
Parkin, S., Aziz, T., Gregory, R. and Bain, P. (2001), Bilateral internal globus pallidus stimulation for the treatment of spasmodic torticollis. Mov. Disord., 16: 489–493. doi: 10.1002/mds.1092
- Issue published online: 30 MAY 2001
- Article first published online: 9 MAY 2001
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 OCT 2000
- Manuscript Revised: 19 SEP 2000
- Manuscript Received: 18 JUL 2000
- spasmodic torticollis;
- bilateral globus pallidus stimulation
Three patients with spasmodic torticollis (ST) obtained substantial benefit from bilateral globus pallidus internus (GPi) stimulation. Progressive improvement in ST occurred over several months but residual cervical dystonia remained. These results corroborate those obtained by Krauss et al. on three patients with ST. © 2001 Movement Disorder Society.