Potential conflict of interest: Dr. Eyal is an employee of Teva, and all other authors have served as consultants to Teva. Dr. Olanow has served as a consultant for for Novartis, BI, Solvay, Ceregene, and Merck Second. Dr. Hauser has received honoraria or consulting fees from Allergan, Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Bertek, Boehringer Ingelheim, Biovail, Centopharm, Cephalon, CombinatoRx, Daiichi, Eisai Ltd, Elan, EMD Serono, GE Healthcare, Genzyme, GlaxoSmithKline, Impax, Kyowa Pharmaceutical, Merck KgaA, Merz Pharmaceuticals, Novartis, Ortho McNeil , Ovation Pharmaceuticals, Penwest Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer, Pharmacia, Prestwick, Schwarz Pharma, Schering, Skye Pharma, SmithKline Beecham, Solstice Neurosciences, Solvay, Synosia, UCB Pharmaceuticals, United BioScource, Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Valeant, Vernalis and XenoPort. Dr. Langston, Dr. Poewe , Dr. Tolosa, Dr. Rascol has received honoraria for advising drug companies with interest in the field of neuroprotection in Parkinson's disease (Eli-Lilly, Lundbeck, Novartis, Boehringer-Ingelheim) and has received unrestricted financial support for research programs from the same companies.
Version of Record online: 19 OCT 2008
Copyright © 2008 Movement Disorder Society
Volume 23, Issue 15, pages 2194–2201, 15 November 2008
How to Cite
Olanow, C. W., Hauser, R. A., Jankovic, J., Langston, W., Lang, A., Poewe, W., Tolosa, E., Stocchi, F., Melamed, E., Eyal, E. and Rascol, O. (2008), A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, delayed start study to assess rasagiline as a disease modifying therapy in Parkinson's disease (the ADAGIO study): Rationale, design, and baseline characteristics. Mov. Disord., 23: 2194–2201. doi: 10.1002/mds.22218
The authors have confirmed with the Editor that their work complies with the Journal's Editorial policy on ghost-writing. (Movement Disordres Vol. 20., No. 12, 2005, p. 1536)
- Issue online: 24 NOV 2008
- Version of Record online: 19 OCT 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 JUN 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 6 MAR 2008
- Manuscript Received: 21 DEC 2007
- TEVA Pharmaceutical Industries (Israel)
- Teva Neuroscience Inc. (USA)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.