Disclosures: No compensation was provided to Drs Hauser, Panisset, or Abbruzzese for their work on this manuscript. Drs Hauser, Panisset, and Abbruzzese's institutions received compensation from Novartis for their sites' conduct of the study. Drs Hauser, Panisset, and Abbruzzese have received honoraria and consulting fees from Novartis and Orion Pharma. Linda Mancione, Nalina Dronamraju, and Algirdas Kakarieka are employees of Novartis. Non-Sponsor Disclosures: Dr Hauser has received honoraria or consulting fees from Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Bertek, Boehringer Ingelheim, Centopharm, Eisai, Genzyme, GlaxoSmithKline, Impax, Kyowa Pharmaceutical, Merck KGA, Ortho McNeil, Pfizer, Prestwick, Schwarz Pharma, Schering, Solvay, Teva Neuroscience, Valeant and Vernalis. Dr Panisset has received honoraria or consulting fees from Teva, Allergan, UCB-Perdue, Prestwick, Smith-Kline Beecham and Solvay. Dr Abbruzzese has received honoraria or consulting fees from Boehringer Ingelheim and Wyeth Lederle. The authors have confirmed that their work complies with the Journal's Editorial policy on ghost-writing. (Movement Disorders Vol. 20., No. 12, 2005, p. 1536)
Article first published online: 3 DEC 2008
Copyright © 2008 Movement Disorder Society
Volume 24, Issue 4, pages 541–550, 15 March 2009
How to Cite
Hauser, R. A., Panisset, M., Abbruzzese, G., Mancione, L., Dronamraju, N. and Kakarieka, A. (2009), Double-blind trial of levodopa/carbidopa/entacapone versus levodopa/carbidopa in early Parkinson's disease. Mov. Disord., 24: 541–550. doi: 10.1002/mds.22343
Members of FIRST-STEP Study Group are listed in the Appendix.
- Issue published online: 24 MAR 2009
- Article first published online: 3 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 SEP 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 2 AUG 2008
- Manuscript Received: 31 MAY 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.