Funding agencies: This work was supported by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, States of Mind: Emerging Issues in Neuroethics (NNF 80045).
Article first published online: 14 MAY 2011
Copyright © 2011 Movement Disorder Society
Volume 26, Issue 8, pages 1415–1421, July 2011
How to Cite
Kimmelman, J., Duckworth, K., Ramsay, T., Voss, T., Ravina, B. and Emborg, M. E. (2011), Risk of surgical delivery to deep nuclei: A meta-analysis. Mov. Disord., 26: 1415–1421. doi: 10.1002/mds.23770
Relevant conflicts of interest/financial disclosures: Nothing to report.
Full financial disclosures and author roles may be found in the online version of this article.
- Issue published online: 21 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 14 MAY 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 APR 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 21 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 21 DEC 2010
This article has been cited by:
- 1Differential effects of two MRI contrast agents on the integrity and distribution of rAAV2 and rAAV5 in the rat striatum, Molecular Therapy — Methods & Clinical Development, 2014, 1, 4, , , , , , , ,
- 2Phonemic verbal fluency decline after subthalamic nucleus deep brain stimulation does not depend on number of microelectrode recordings or lead tip placement, Parkinsonism & Related Disorders, 2014, 20, 4, 400, , , , ,
- 3Tiefe Hirnstimulation bei Morbus Parkinson: wann und für wen?, Der Nervenarzt, 2014, 85, 2, 137, , ,
- 4Pathways of Infusate Loss during Convection-Enhanced Delivery into the Putamen Nucleus, Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery, 2013, 91, 2, 69, , , , , ,
- 5Subthalamic neurostimulation for Parkinson's disease with early fluctuations: balancing the risks and benefits, The Lancet Neurology, 2013, 12, 10, 1025, ,
- 6Brain Stimulation, 2013,, , ,
- 7A theoretical framework for early human studies: uncertainty, intervention ensembles, and boundaries, Trials, 2012, 13, 1, 173,
- 8Etiologies of Intracerebral Hematomas, Current Atherosclerosis Reports, 2012, 14, 4, 314, ,
- 9Sham neurosurgical procedures in clinical trials for neurodegenerative diseases: scientific and ethical considerations, The Lancet Neurology, 2012, 11, 7, 643, , , , , , , , , , , , ,