Funding agencies: The work reported here was supported by Parkinson's UK (grant number J-0601). Research support was also received from the UK Department of Health via the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Specialist Biomedical Research Centre for Mental Health award to South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM) and the Institute of Psychiatry at King's College London; the NIHR Dementias and Neurodegenerative Diseases Research Network (DeNDRoN), and the Wales Dementias and Neurodegenerative Diseases Research Network (NEURODEM Cymru).
Article first published online: 11 DEC 2011
Copyright © 2011 Movement Disorder Society
Volume 27, Issue 3, pages 379–386, March 2012
How to Cite
Burn, D. J., Landau, S., Hindle, J. V., Samuel, M., Wilson, K. C., Hurt, C. S., Brown, R. G. and for the PROMS-PD Study Group (2012), Parkinson's disease motor subtypes and mood. Mov. Disord., 27: 379–386. doi: 10.1002/mds.24041
Relevant conflicts of interest/financial disclosures: Nothing to report.
Full financial disclosures and author roles may be found in the online version of this article.
Members of the PROMS-PD Study Group who contributed to this work are listed in the Appendix.
- Issue published online: 12 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 11 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 2 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Received: 15 JUN 2011
This article has been cited by:
- 3Cognitive function and other non-motor features in non-demented Parkinson’s disease motor subtypes, Journal of Neural Transmission, 2015, 122, 8, 1115, , , , , ,
- 4Dance for PD: a preliminary investigation of effects on motor function and quality of life among persons with Parkinson’s disease (PD), Journal of Neural Transmission, 2015, 122, 9, 1263, , , , , , ,
- 5Freezing of gait and affective theory of mind in Parkinson disease, Parkinsonism & Related Disorders, 2015, 21, 5, 509, , , , , , ,
- 7Non motor subtypes and Parkinson’s Disease, Parkinsonism & Related Disorders, 2015,, , , ,
- 9Sexual dysfunction is associated with postural instability gait difficulty subtype of Parkinson’s disease, Journal of Neurology, 2015,, , , , , , ,
- 10Differences in striatal dopamine transporter density between tremor dominant and non-tremor Parkinson’s disease, European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, 2014, 41, 10, 1931, , , , ,
- 12Neuropsychiatric symptoms in Parkinson's disease: Fronto-striatal atrophy contributions, Parkinsonism & Related Disorders, 2014, 20, 8, 867, , , ,
- 13Prognostic significance of weight changes in Parkinson's disease: the Park–weight phenotype, Neurodegenerative Disease Management, 2014, 4, 4, 309, ,
- 15The expanding universe of disorders of the basal ganglia, The Lancet, 2014, 384, 9942, 523, , , , ,
- 16The role of social support in anxiety and depression among Parkinson’s disease patients, Disability and Rehabilitation, 2014, 36, 24, 2044, , , , , , , ,
- 17Affective disorders in Parkinsonʼs disease, Current Opinion in Neurology, 2013, 26, 4, 339, ,
- 18Dopaminergic dysfunction and psychiatric symptoms in movement disorders: a 123I-FP-CIT study: reply to comment by Erro et al., European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, 2013, 40, 4, 638, , , ,
- 20Parkinson's disease – pathology, aetiology and diagnosis, Reviews in Clinical Gerontology, 2012, 22, 03, 165, ,