Funding agencies: This study was supported by the Italian Agency for Pharmaceutics (Agenzia Italiana del Farmaco; AIFA grant FARM6H95MJ; to F.T.).
Article first published online: 4 JAN 2012
Copyright © 2012 Movement Disorder Society
Volume 27, Issue 3, pages 446–449, March 2012
How to Cite
Mariotti, C., Fancellu, R., Caldarazzo, S., Nanetti, L., Di Bella, D., Plumari, M., Lauria, G., Cappellini, M. D., Duca, L., Solari, A. and Taroni, F. (2012), Erythropoietin in Friedreich ataxia: No effect on frataxin in a randomized controlled trial. Mov. Disord., 27: 446–449. doi: 10.1002/mds.24066
Relevant conflicts of interest/financial disclosures: Caterina Mariotti received research support from the E-RARE program (01GM0820, RISCA), and Lundbeck Pharmaceuticals (Trial LUAA24493). Roberto Fancellu received research support from EUROSCA grant (LSHM-CT-2004-503304), and AIFA grant (FARM6H95MJ, to F.T.). Serena Caldarazzo received research support from AIFA grant (FARM6H95MJ, to F.T.). Maria D. Cappellini received financial support from the CCM2010 grant on rare diseases (Italian Ministry of Health) and from Novartis Pharma (clinical trials on ICL670). Alessandra Solari received research support from the Fondazione Italiana Sclerosi Multipla (FISM; grants 2007/R/19; 2009/R/28), board membership fees from Novartis, and speaking honoraria from Sanofi Aventis. Franco Taroni received research support from AIFA (grant FARM6H95MJ) and ApoPharma (Study LA29-0207).
Full financial disclosures and author roles may be found in the online version of this article.
- Issue published online: 12 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 4 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 NOV 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 26 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Received: 1 APR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.