This article is partially adapted from the following publications: Siderowf A, Stern MB. Premotor Parkinson's disease: clinical features, detection, and prospects for treatment. Ann Neurol. 2008; 64:S139–S147; Lang AE. A critical appraisal of the premotor symptoms of Parkinson's disease: potential usefulness in early diagnosis and design of neuroprotective trials. Mov Disord. 2011;26:775–783.
Article first published online: 16 APR 2012
Copyright © 2012 Movement Disorder Society
Special Issue: Prodromal Parkinson's Disease
Volume 27, Issue 5, pages 608–616, 15 April 2012
How to Cite
Siderowf, A. and Lang, A. E. (2012), Premotor Parkinson's disease: Concepts and definitions. Mov. Disord., 27: 608–616. doi: 10.1002/mds.24954
Relevant conflicts of interest/financial disclosures: Andrew Siderowf is supported by a Morris K. Udall Parkinson's Disease Research Center of Excellence grant from NINDS (NS-053488) and has been supported by SAP4100027296, a health research grant awarded by the Department of Health of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania from the Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement under Act 2001-77; has received consulting fees from Teva Neuroscience, Ipsen Pharmaceuticals, Schering-Plough, Merck Serono, and General Electric; has received speaking honoraria from Teva Neuroscience; and has received research support from Avid Radiopharmaceuticals. Anthony Lang has served as an adviser for Abbott, Allon Therapeutics, Astra Zenica, Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Biovail, Boerhinger-Ingelheim, Cephalon, Ceregene, Eisai, GSK, Lundbeck A/S, Medtronic, Merck Serono, Novartis, Santhera, Solvay, and Teva; has received grants from Canadian Institutes of Health Research, Dystonia Medical Research Foundation, Michael J. Fox Foundation, National Parkinson Foundation, and Ontario Problem Gambling Research Centre; has received publishing royalties from Saunders, Wiley-Blackwell, Johns Hopkins Press, and Cambridge University Press; and has served as an expert witness in cases related to the welding industry.
Full financial disclosures and author roles may be found in the online version of this article.
- Issue published online: 16 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 16 APR 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 6 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 12 DEC 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.