Initially presented as an abstract at the 62nd Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, April 13, 2010.
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2012
Copyright © 2012 Movement Disorder Society
Volume 27, Issue 11, pages 1440–1442, 15 September 2012
How to Cite
Bhattacharya, R. K., Dubinsky, R. M., Lai, S. M. and Dubinsky, H. (2012), Is there an increased risk of hip fracture in Parkinson's disease? A nationwide inpatient sample. Mov. Disord., 27: 1440–1442. doi: 10.1002/mds.25073
Relevant conflicts of interest/financial disclosures: Dr. Bhattacharya is a promotional speaker for Novartis and Amgen.
Full financial disclosures and author roles may be found in the online version of this article.
- Issue published online: 21 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 29 APR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 18 NOV 2011
This article has been cited by:
- 1Assessment and management of fracture risk in patients with Parkinson's disease, Age and Ageing, 2015, 44, 1, 34, , , ,
- 2Impact of Parkinson’s disease on the acute care treatment and medium-term functional outcome in geriatric hip fracture patients, Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, 2015,, , , , , , ,
- 3Mortality and Revision Surgery Are Increased in Patients With Parkinson’s Disease and Fractures of the Femoral Neck, Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®, 2015,, , , , , ,
- 4A service development study of the assessment and management of fracture risk in Parkinson’s disease, Journal of Neurology, 2014, 261, 6, 1153, , , , , ,
- 5Circumstances of falls and fall-related injuries among patients with Parkinson's disease in an outpatient setting, Geriatric Nursing, 2014, 35, 5, 364, , , , , , ,
- 6Comorbidity and Functional Mobility in Persons with Parkinson Disease, Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2014, 95, 11, 2152, , , , , , ,
- 7Reasons for hospitalization in Parkinson's disease: A case-control study, Parkinsonism & Related Disorders, 2014, 20, 5, 488, , , , ,
- 8Surgical outcomes of primary hip and knee replacements in patients with Parkinson's disease: a nationwide registry-based case-controlled study, The Bone & Joint Journal, 2014, 96-B, 4, 486, , , , ,