Funding agencies: Support for this study was provided by a grant from the Research Council of Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium (contract no.: OT / 07 / 074) and the Flanders Fund for Scientific Research (project no.: G0691.08).
Article first published online: 31 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 Movement Disorder Society
Volume 27, Issue 13, pages 1644–1651, November 2012
How to Cite
Vercruysse, S., Devos, H., Munks, L., Spildooren, J., Vandenbossche, J., Vandenberghe, W., Nieuwboer, A. and Heremans, E. (2012), Explaining freezing of gait in Parkinson's disease: Motor and cognitive determinants. Mov. Disord., 27: 1644–1651. doi: 10.1002/mds.25183
Relevant conflicts of interest/financial disclosures: W.V. is a senior clinical investigator of the Research Foundation–Flanders (F.W.O.). H.D. is a postdoctoral fellow of the Research Foundation–Flanders.
Full financial disclosures and author roles may be found in the online version of this article.
- Issue published online: 27 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 31 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 2 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 29 FEB 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 2Effects of deep brain stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus on freezing of gait in Parkinson's disease: a prospective controlled study, Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry, 2014, 85, 8, 871, , , , , ,
- 3Freezing beyond gait in Parkinson's disease: A review of current neurobehavioral evidence, Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, 2014, 43, 213, , , , , ,
- 4Freezing of gait subtypes have different cognitive correlates in Parkinson's disease, Parkinsonism & Related Disorders, 2014, 20, 12, 1359, , , , , , , , ,
- 5Gait freezing and speech disturbance in Parkinson’s disease, Neurological Sciences, 2014, 35, 3, 357, , , , , , , , , ,
- 6The dopaminergic system in upper limb motor blocks (ULMB) investigated during bimanual coordination in Parkinson’s disease (PD), Journal of Neurology, 2014,, , ,
- 7The effect of medication and the role of postural instability in different components of freezing of gait (FOG), Parkinsonism & Related Disorders, 2014, 20, 4, 447, ,
- 8The measurement of visual sampling during real-world activity in Parkinson's disease and healthy controls: A structured literature review, Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 2014, 222, 175, , , , ,
- 9The Neural Correlates of Upper Limb Motor Blocks in Parkinson's Disease and Their Relation to Freezing of Gait, Cerebral Cortex, 2014, 24, 12, 3154, , , , , , ,
- 11Cognitive aspects of freezing of gait in Parkinson’s disease: a challenge for rehabilitation, Journal of Neural Transmission, 2013, 120, 4, 543, , , , , , , ,
- 13Freezing of Gait in Parkinson’s Disease: Where Are We Now?, Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports, 2013, 13, 6, , ,