Eva C. Schulte and Malte C. Claussen contributed equally to the article.
Mitochondrial membrane protein associated neurodegenration: A novel variant of neurodegeneration with brain iron accumulation
Article first published online: 19 NOV 2012
Copyright © 2012 Movement Disorders Society
Volume 28, Issue 2, pages 224–227, February 2013
How to Cite
Schulte, E. C., Claussen, M. C., Jochim, A., Haack, T., Hartig, M., Hempel, M., Prokisch, H., Haun-Jünger, U., Winkelmann, J., Hemmer, B., Förschler, A. and Ilg, R. (2013), Mitochondrial membrane protein associated neurodegenration: A novel variant of neurodegeneration with brain iron accumulation. Mov. Disord., 28: 224–227. doi: 10.1002/mds.25256
Funding agencies: This study was financed exclusively by in-house funding from the Neurologische Klinik & Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universität München, Munich, Germany.
Relevant conflicts of interest/financial disclosures: Holger Prokisch receives research support from the Impulse and Networking Fund of the Helmholtz Association within the framework of the Helmholtz Alliance for Mental Health in an Ageing Society (HA-215) and the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)–funded German Center for Diabetes Research (DZD e.V.), Systems Biology of Metabotypes grant (SysMBo 0315494A), and the German Network for Mitochondrial Disorders (mitoNET 01GM0867). Rüdiger Ilg is supported by the medical faculty of the Technische Universität München (KKF).
Full financial disclosures and author roles may be found in the online version of this article.
- Issue published online: 23 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 19 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 10 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 25 JAN 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1Analysis of the C19orf12 and WDR45 genes in patients with neurodegeneration with brain iron accumulation, Journal of the Neurological Sciences, 2015, 349, 1-2, 105, , , , , , ,
- 2Defective lipid metabolism in neurodegeneration with brain iron accumulation (NBIA) syndromes: not only a matter of iron, Journal of Inherited Metabolic Disease, 2015, 38, 1, 123, , ,
- 3C19orf12 mutation leads to a pallido-pyramidal syndrome, Gene, 2014, 537, 2, 352, , , , , , , , , , ,
- 4Ophthalmic manifestations of inherited neurodegenerative disorders, Nature Reviews Neurology, 2014, 10, 6, 349, , ,
- 5Metals and movement disorders, Current Opinion in Neurology, 2013, 26, 4, 435,
- 6Newly Characterized Forms of Neurodegeneration with Brain Iron Accumulation, Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports, 2013, 13, 12, ,
- 7Metal Related Neurodegenerative Disease, 2013,, , , ,
- 8Parkinson’s Disease: Diagnosis, Motor Symptoms and Non-Motor Features, 2013,,