Funding agencies: This project was supported by funding from the Laboratory for Research and Education in Neuroscience, Detroit, Michigan, and a program development grant, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan.
Article first published online: 31 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 Movement Disorder Society
Volume 27, Issue 14, pages 1763–1768, December 2012
How to Cite
Silbergleit, A. K., LeWitt, P., Junn, F., Schultz, L. R., Collins, D., Beardsley, T., Hubert, M., Trosch, R. and Schwalb, J. M. (2012), Comparison of dysphagia before and after deep brain stimulation in Parkinson's disease. Mov. Disord., 27: 1763–1768. doi: 10.1002/mds.25259
Relevant conflicts of interest/financial disclosures: A portion of Tausha Beardsley's salary was paid through a program development grant at Henry Ford Hospital to assist with data collection and organization of this research.
Full financial disclosures and author roles may be found in the online version of this article.
- Issue published online: 31 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 31 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 14 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 6 JUN 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1Deep brain stimulation improves survival in severe Parkinson's disease, Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry, 2014, 85, 1, 17, , , , , ,
- 3Swallowing Outcomes Following Unilateral STN vs. GPi Surgery: A Retrospective Analysis, Dysphagia, 2014,, , , , , , ,
- 4Relative Efficacy of Swallowing Versus Non-swallowing Tasks in Dysphagia Rehabilitation: Current Evidence and Future Directions, Current Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Reports, 2013, 1, 4, 242, ,
- 5Rheological aspects of dysphagia-oriented food products: A mini review, Food Science and Human Wellness, 2013, 2, 3-4, 173, , , , ,
- 6Swallowing and deep brain stimulation in Parkinson's disease: A systematic review, Parkinsonism & Related Disorders, 2013, 19, 9, 783, , , ,