Funding agencies: This study was supported by a center grant from the Parkinson's Disease Foundation. J.B. was supported by a 2011 American Academy of Neurology Medical Student Summer Research Scholarship. P.C. was partially supported by a grant from the Clinical Translational Science Center (2UL1 TR000457-06).
Prospective cohort study of impulse control disorders in Parkinson's disease
Article first published online: 2 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2013 Movement Disorders Society
Volume 28, Issue 3, pages 327–333, March 2013
How to Cite
Bastiaens, J., Dorfman, B. J., Christos, P. J. and Nirenberg, M. J. (2013), Prospective cohort study of impulse control disorders in Parkinson's disease. Mov. Disord., 28: 327–333. doi: 10.1002/mds.25291
Relevant conflicts of interest/financial disclosures: Nothing to report.
Full financial disclosures and author roles may be found in the online version of this article.
This article first published online ahead of print on January 2, 2013. It has since been updated. “Dopamine agonists (DA)” has been changed to “Dopamine agonists (DAAs)”. Also, the data in Figure 1 has been updated.
- Issue published online: 21 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 2 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 21 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 8 AUG 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 4Developments in impulse control behaviours of Parkinsonʼs disease, Current Opinion in Neurology, 2015, 28, 4, 387, ,
- 5Dyskinesias and impulse control disorders in Parkinson's disease: From pathogenesis to potential therapeutic approaches, Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, 2015, 56, 294, , , , , ,
- 6Impulse control behaviours in patients with Parkinson's disease after subthalamic deep brain stimulation: de novo cases and 3-year follow-up, Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry, 2015, 86, 5, 562, , , , , , , ,
- 7Impulse control disorders in Parkinson’s disease: an overview from neurobiology to treatment, Journal of Neurology, 2015, 262, 1, 7, , , , , ,
- 11Pathophysiology of L-dopa-induced motor and non-motor complications in Parkinson's disease, Progress in Neurobiology, 2015, 132, 96, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 12Cortical volume and folding abnormalities in Parkinson's disease patients with pathological gambling, Parkinsonism & Related Disorders, 2014, 20, 11, 1209, , , , , , , ,
- 13Impulse control and related disorders in Mexican Parkinson's disease patients, Parkinsonism & Related Disorders, 2014, 20, 8, 907, , , , ,
- 14Impulse control disorder in patients with Parkinson's disease under dopamine agonist therapy: a multicentre study, Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry, 2014, 85, 8, 840, , , , , , , , ,
- 15Impulsive and compulsive behaviors among Danish patients with Parkinson's disease: Prevalence, depression, and personality, Parkinsonism & Related Disorders, 2014, 20, 1, 22, , , ,
- 16Impulsive and Compulsive Behaviors in Parkinson's Disease, Annual Review of Clinical Psychology, 2014, 10, 1, 553, , ,
- 17Maladaptive Reward-Learning and Impulse Control Disorders in Patients with Parkinson’s Disease: A Clinical Overview and Pathophysiology Update, Journal of Movement Disorders, 2014, 7, 2, 67, ,
- 19The expanding universe of disorders of the basal ganglia, The Lancet, 2014, 384, 9942, 523, , , , ,
- 20Dopamine Agonist Withdrawal Syndrome: Implications for Patient Care, Drugs & Aging, 2013, 30, 8, 587,
- 21Pathological gambling in Parkinson's disease. A comprehensive review, Parkinsonism & Related Disorders, 2013, 19, 7, 645, , , ,