Natalja Funk and Peter Wieghofer contributed equally to this work.
Characterization of peripheral hematopoietic stem cells and monocytes in Parkinson's disease
Article first published online: 7 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2012 Movement Disorders Society
Volume 28, Issue 3, pages 392–395, March 2013
How to Cite
Funk, N., Wieghofer, P., Grimm, S., Schaefer, R., Bühring, H.-J., Gasser, T. and Biskup, S. (2013), Characterization of peripheral hematopoietic stem cells and monocytes in Parkinson's disease. Mov. Disord., 28: 392–395. doi: 10.1002/mds.25300
Funding agencies: This study was supported by the Gemeinnützige Hertie-Stiftung and the University of Tübingen.
Relevant conflicts of interest/financial disclosures: Nothing to report.
Full financial disclosures and author roles may be found in the online version of this article.
Author Roles: Natalja Funk and Saskia Biskup designed the study, Natalja Funk and Peter Wieghofer performed all experiments, Sabrina Grimm helped with the flow-cytometric experiments, Richard Schaefer helped in establishing and analyzing the CFC assay, Hans-Jörg Bühring and Thomas Gasser helped with critical discussions, and Natalja Funk, Peter Wieghofer, and Saskia Biskup wrote the manuscript. All authors read and approved the final manuscript.
- Issue published online: 21 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 7 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 20 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 29 APR 2012
- The Gemeinnützige Hertie-Stiftung and the University of Tübingen
This article has been cited by:
- 1Infiltration of circulating myeloid cells through CD95L contributes to neurodegeneration in mice, Journal of Experimental Medicine, 2015, 212, 4, 469, , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 2M1 and M2 immune activation in Parkinson’s Disease: Foe and ally?, Neuroscience, 2015, 302, 59, ,
- 4Salsolinol Damaged Neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y Cells Induce Proliferation of Human Monocyte THP-1 Cells Through the mTOR Pathway in a Co-culture System, Neurochemical Research, 2015, 40, 5, 932, , , , , , , , ,
- 5Toll-Like Receptor Expression in the Blood and Brain of Patients and a Mouse Model of Parkinson's Disease, International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology, 2015, 18, 6, pyu103, , , , , , ,
- 6Medicine Sciences and Bioengineering, 2015,, , , , ,
- 7Evidence of Inflammatory System Involvement in Parkinson’s Disease, BioMed Research International, 2014, 2014, 1, , ,
- 8Inflammatory dysregulation of blood monocytes in Parkinson’s disease patients, Acta Neuropathologica, 2014, 128, 5, 651, , , , , , , , , , , , ,