Relevant conflicts of interest/financial disclosures: Nothing to report.
Obstacles to the Development of a Neuroprotective Therapy for Parkinson's Disease
Article first published online: 6 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 Movement Disorder Society
Special Issue: The Vatican Conference on Neuroprotection in Parkinson's Disease
Volume 28, Issue 1, pages 3–7, January 2013
How to Cite
Stocchi, F. and Olanow, C. W. (2013), Obstacles to the Development of a Neuroprotective Therapy for Parkinson's Disease. Mov. Disord., 28: 3–7. doi: 10.1002/mds.25337
Full financial disclosures and author roles may be found in the online version of this article.
- Issue published online: 6 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 6 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 21 NOV 2012
- 5The genetics of Parkinson's disease: progress and therapeutic implications. Mov Disord., , .
- 8Mitophagy and Parkinson's disease: be eaten to stay healthy. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2012 [Epub ahead of print]., .
- 13for the Movement Disorder Society UPDRS Revision Task Force. Movement Disorder Society-sponsored revision of the Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale (MDS-UPDRS): scale presentation and clinimetric testing results. Mov Disord. 2008;23:2129–2170., , , et al;
- 14The Parkinson Progression Marker Initiative (PPMI). Parkinson Progression Marker Initiative. Prog Neurobiol. 2011;95:629–635.
- 17Ageing and Parkinson's disease: substantia nigra regional selectivity. Brain. 1991;114:2283–2301., .
- 22Slowing the progression of Alzheimer disease: methodological issues. Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord. 1997;11:S10–S21..
- 24A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Delayed Start Study to Assess Rasagiline as a Disease Modifying Therapy in Parkinson's Disease (the ADAGIO study): rationale, design, and baseline characteristics. Mov Disord. 2008;23:2194–2201.. , , et al.