Relevant conflicts of interest/financial disclosures: Nothing to report.
Developing dopaminergic cell therapy for Parkinson's disease—give up or move forward?
Article first published online: 11 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 Movement Disorder Society
Volume 28, Issue 3, pages 268–273, March 2013
How to Cite
Lindvall, O. (2013), Developing dopaminergic cell therapy for Parkinson's disease—give up or move forward?. Mov. Disord., 28: 268–273. doi: 10.1002/mds.25378
Full financial disclosures and author roles may be found in the online version of this article.
- Issue published online: 21 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 11 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 25 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 31 OCT 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1A brief perspective on neural cell therapy, Molecular and Cellular Therapies, 2014, 2, 1, 2,
- 2Designer receptors: therapeutic adjuncts to cell replacement therapy in Parkinson’s disease, Journal of Clinical Investigation, 2014, 124, 7, 2858, ,
- 3Environmental neurotoxic challenge of conditional alpha-synuclein transgenic mice predicts a dopaminergic olfactory-striatal interplay in early PD, Acta Neuropathologica, 2014, 127, 4, 477, , , , , , , , , ,
- 4Modeling nigrostriatal degeneration in organotypic cultures, a new ex vivo model of Parkinson’s disease, Neuroscience, 2014, 256, 10, , , , , , ,
- 5Regenerative Therapy in Experimental Parkinsonism: Mixed Population of Differentiated Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells, Rather Than Magnetically Sorted and Enriched Dopaminergic Cells Provide Neuroprotection, CNS Neuroscience & Therapeutics, 2014, 20, 8, , , , ,
- 6A fully defined and scalable 3D culture system for human pluripotent stem cell expansion and differentiation, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2013, 110, 52, E5039, ,
- 7Enhanced dopamine release by mesenchymal stem cells reprogrammed neuronally by the modulators of SMAD signaling, chromatin modifying enzymes, and cyclic adenosine monophosphate levels, Translational Research, 2013, 162, 5, 317, ,
- 8Organotypic cultures as tools for optimizing central nervous system cell therapies, Experimental Neurology, 2013, 248, 429, , , , ,
- 9Review of transplantation of neural stem/progenitor cells for spinal cord injury, International Journal of Developmental Neuroscience, 2013, 31, 7, 701, ,