Funding agencies: This study was supported by a National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia (NHMRC) Project Grant (ID: 512326), a grant from Perpetual Philanthropic Services, and a Parkinson's NSW research grant.
Three simple clinical tests to accurately predict falls in people with Parkinson's disease
Article first published online: 28 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 Movement Disorder Society
Volume 28, Issue 5, pages 655–662, May 2013
How to Cite
Paul, S. S., Canning, C. G., Sherrington, C., Lord, S. R., Close, J. C. T. and Fung, V. S. C. (2013), Three simple clinical tests to accurately predict falls in people with Parkinson's disease. Mov. Disord., 28: 655–662. doi: 10.1002/mds.25404
Relevant conflicts of interest/financial disclosures: S. S. Paul receives financial assistance from an NHMRC postgraduate scholarship. C. Sherrington and S. R. Lord receive salary funding from the NHMRC. S. R. Lord and J. C. T. Close have received an honorarium from Pfizer. V. S. C. Fung is on the advisory boards and/or has received travel grants from Abbott, Allergan, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Hospira, Lundbeck, and Novartis.
Full financial disclosures and author roles may be found in the online version of this article.
- Issue published online: 15 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 28 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 13 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 31 AUG 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1Circumstances of falls and fall-related injuries among patients with Parkinson's disease in an outpatient setting, Geriatric Nursing, 2014,, , , , , , ,
- 2Executive Function and Postural Instability in People with Parkinson’s Disease, Parkinson's Disease, 2014, 2014, 1, , , , , , ,
- 3Predictors of Gait Speeds and the Relationship of Gait Speeds to Falls in Men and Women with Parkinson Disease, Parkinson's Disease, 2013, 2013, 1, , , , , , , ,
- 4The ReSPonD trial - rivastigmine to stabilise gait in Parkinson’s disease a phase II, randomised, double blind, placebo controlled trial to evaluate the effect of rivastigmine on gait in patients with Parkinson’s disease who have fallen, BMC Neurology, 2013, 13, 1, 188, , , , , ,