Funding agencies: PSG Mentored Clinical Research Award supported by the Parkinson's Study Group and Pakrinson's Disease Foundation Advancing Parkinson's Treatments Innovations Grant. The Department of Veteran's Affairs Career development award - The effects of vitamin D on balance in persons with Parkinson's. The Oregon Clinical and Translation Research Institute (OCTRI), grant number UL1 RR024140 from the National Center for Research Resources (NCRR), a component of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and NIH Roadmap for Medical Research. UDALL - NIH P3NS062684. Portland VA PADRECC.
The relationship between balance control and vitamin D in Parkinson's disease—a pilot study
Article first published online: 2 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 Movement Disorder Society
Volume 28, Issue 8, pages 1133–1137, July 2013
How to Cite
Peterson, A. L., Mancini, M. and Horak, F. B. (2013), The relationship between balance control and vitamin D in Parkinson's disease—a pilot study. Mov. Disord., 28: 1133–1137. doi: 10.1002/mds.25405
Relevant conflicts of interest/financial disclosures: Nothing to disclose.
Full financial disclosures and author roles may be found in the Acknowledgments section online.
- Issue published online: 12 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 2 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 4 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 3 AUG 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 2Bioactive Nutraceuticals and Dietary Supplements in Neurological and Brain Disease, 2015,, , ,
- 3A review of vitamin D and Parkinson's disease, Maturitas, 2014, 78, 1, 40,
- 4Efficacy of Bisphosphonates against Hip Fracture in Elderly Patients with Stroke and Parkinson Diseases: Meta-analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials, Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases, 2014, 23, 10, 2714, , , , ,
- 5What are the priorities in Parkinson's disease clinical research? A focus on motor complications, gait and cognition, Neurodegenerative Disease Management, 2014, 4, 2, 127,
- 6Parkinson disease: Low vitamin D and Parkinson disease—a causal conundrum, Nature Reviews Neurology, 2013, 10, 1, 8,