Funding agencies: This study was supported by an unrestricted research grant from Kyowa Hakko Kirin, Co. Ltd., Tokyo, Japan.
Adenosine A2A receptor antagonist istradefylline reduces daily OFF time in Parkinson's disease
Article first published online: 11 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2013 Movement Disorder Society
Volume 28, Issue 8, pages 1138–1141, July 2013
How to Cite
Mizuno, Y., Kondo, T. and the Japanese Istradefylline Study Group (2013), Adenosine A2A receptor antagonist istradefylline reduces daily OFF time in Parkinson's disease. Mov. Disord., 28: 1138–1141. doi: 10.1002/mds.25418
This study was supported by Kyowa Hakko Kirin Co., Ltd., Japan.
Relevant conflicts of interest/financial disclosures: Nothing to report.
Full financial disclosures and author roles may be found in the Acknowledgments section online.
- Issue published online: 12 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 11 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 24 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 6 NOV 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1Adenosine A2A receptor antagonists in Parkinson's disease: still in the running, The Lancet Neurology, 2014, 13, 8, 748, ,
- 2Adenosine A2A Receptor Antagonists in Parkinson’s Disease: Progress in Clinical Trials from the Newly Approved Istradefylline to Drugs in Early Development and Those Already Discontinued, CNS Drugs, 2014, 28, 5, 455,
- 3Adenosine and inflammation: what's new on the horizon?, Drug Discovery Today, 2014,, , , , , , ,
- 4Neuroprotective Potential of Adenosine A2A and Cannabinoid CB1 Receptor Antagonists in an Animal Model of Parkinson Disease, Journal of Neuropathology & Experimental Neurology, 2014, 73, 5, 414, , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 5Striatal adenosine A2A receptor expression is controlled by S-adenosyl-L-methionine-mediated methylation, Purinergic Signalling, 2014,, , , , , , , , , ,
- 6The Adenosine A2A-Receptor Antagonist Istradefylline Enhances the Motor Response of L-DOPA Without Worsening Dyskinesia in MPTP-Treated Common Marmosets, Journal of Pharmacological Sciences, 2014, 124, 4, 480, , , , , ,
- 7Therapy for Parkinson’s Disease: What is in the Pipeline?, Neurotherapeutics, 2014, 11, 1, 24,
- 8Treatment of advanced Parkinsonʼs disease, Current Opinion in Neurology, 2014, 27, 4, 450, ,
- 9Treatment of motor fluctuations in Parkinson’s disease: recent developments and future directions, Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics, 2014, 14, 1, 93, ,
- 10Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease: What’s in the Non-dopaminergic Pipeline?, Neurotherapeutics, 2014, 11, 1, 34, ,
- 11Two new adenosine receptor antagonists for the treatment of Parkinson's disease: istradefylline versus tozadenant, Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy, 2014, 15, 8, 1097, ,
- 12Advances in the pharmacological treatment of Parkinson's disease: targeting neurotransmitter systems, Trends in Neurosciences, 2013, 36, 9, 543, , ,
- 13Non-dopaminergic Treatments for Motor Control in Parkinson’s Disease, Drugs, 2013, 73, 13, 1405,
- 14Preladenant: an adenosine A2Areceptor antagonist for Parkinson’s disease, Future Neurology, 2013, 8, 6, 639, ,