Funding agencies: This work was supported by the Royal Free Peter Samuel fund, the Wellcome Trust/MRC joint call in Neurodegeneration award (WT089698), the Kattan Trust for Parkinson's Disease Research, and Parkinson's UK (Innovation Grant K-1111).
Somatic alpha-synuclein mutations in Parkinson's disease: Hypothesis and preliminary data
Article first published online: 14 MAY 2013
© 2013 The Authors. International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Volume 28, Issue 6, pages 705–712, June 2013
How to Cite
Proukakis, C., Houlden, H. and Schapira, A. H. (2013), Somatic alpha-synuclein mutations in Parkinson's disease: Hypothesis and preliminary data. Mov. Disord., 28: 705–712. doi: 10.1002/mds.25502
Relevant conflicts of interest/financial disclosures: Nothing to report.
Full financial disclosures and author roles may be found in the online version of this article.
- Issue published online: 25 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 14 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 13 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 18 NOV 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1On the identification of low allele frequency mosaic mutations in the brains of Alzheimer disease patients, Alzheimer's & Dementia, 2015,, , , , , , , ,
- 3Autonomic dysfunction is a major feature of cerebellar ataxia, neuropathy, vestibular areflexia 'CANVAS' syndrome, Brain, 2014, 137, 10, 2649, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 4FTLD-ALS of TDP-43 type and SCA2 in a family with a full ataxin-2 polyglutamine expansion, Acta Neuropathologica, 2014, 128, 4, 597, , , , , , ,
- 5Genetic analysis of SNCA coding mutation in Chinese Han patients with Parkinson disease, Acta Neurologica Belgica, 2014,, , , , , , ,
- 6Genetic variants and animal models in SNCA and Parkinson disease, Ageing Research Reviews, 2014, 15, 161, ,
- 7Interactions between cell adhesion and the synaptic vesicle cycle in Parkinson’s disease, Medical Hypotheses, 2014, 83, 2, 203,
- 8Parkinson's disease and age: The obvious but largely unexplored link, Experimental Gerontology, 2014,, , , , , ,
- 9Somatic Mosaicism and Disease, Current Biology, 2014, 24, 12, R577,