Funding agencies: This work was supported by a grant from the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research.
3-hydroxykynurenine and other Parkinson's disease biomarkers discovered by metabolomic analysis
Article first published online: 19 JUL 2013
© 2013 Movement Disorder Society
Volume 28, Issue 12, pages 1653–1660, October 2013
How to Cite
LeWitt, P. A., Li, J., Lu, M., Beach, T. G., Adler, C. H., Guo, L. and the Arizona Parkinson's Disease Consortium (2013), 3-hydroxykynurenine and other Parkinson's disease biomarkers discovered by metabolomic analysis. Mov. Disord., 28: 1653–1660. doi: 10.1002/mds.25555
The Brain and Body Donation Program is supported by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (U24 NS072026 National Brain and Tissue Resource for Parkinson's Disease and Related Disorders), the National Institute on Aging (P30 AG19610 Arizona Alzheimer's Disease Core Center), and the Arizona Department of Health Services (contract 211002, Arizona Alzheimer's Research Center) through grants to T.G.B. and C.H.A. The Arizona Biomedical Research Commission (contracts 4001, 0011, 05–901, and 1001) provides support to the Arizona PD Consortium.
Members of the Arizona Parkinson's Disease Consortium are listed in the Acknowledgements.
Relevant conflicts of interest/financial disclosures: Nothing to report.
Full financial disclosures and author roles may be found in the online version of this article.
- Issue published online: 25 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 19 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 30 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 4 JAN 2013
This article has been cited by:
- You have free access to this content1
- 2Comprehensive urinary metabolomic profiling and identification of potential noninvasive marker for idiopathic Parkinson’s disease, Scientific Reports, 2015, 5, 13888, , , , , , , , ,
- 3LC–MS-Based Urinary Metabolite Signatures in Idiopathic Parkinson’s Disease, Journal of Proteome Research, 2015, 14, 1, 467, , , , , , , , , , ,
- 4NMR metabonomics of cerebrospinal fluid distinguishes between Parkinson’s disease and controls, Neuroscience Letters, 2015, 594, 36, ,
- 5Recent advances in biomarkers for Parkinson’s disease focusing on biochemicals, omics and neuroimaging, Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine (CCLM), 2015, 53, 10, , , ,
- 6Omic Studies of Neurodegenerative Disease: Part B, 2015,, , , ,
- 7Omic Studies of Neurodegenerative Disease: Part B, 2015,, , ,
- 81H NMR-based metabolomics study on a goldfish model of Parkinson’s disease induced by 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine (MPTP), Chemico-Biological Interactions, 2014, 223, 18, , , , , , ,
- 9Cerebrospinal fluid biochemical studies in patients with Parkinson's disease: toward a potential search for biomarkers for this disease, Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience, 2014, 8,, , , ,
- 10Kynurenines with Neuroactive and Redox Properties: Relevance to Aging and Brain Diseases, Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, 2014, 2014, 1, , , , , , , , ,
- 11Metabolomics of Human Brain Aging and Age-Related Neurodegenerative Diseases, Journal of Neuropathology & Experimental Neurology, 2014, 73, 7, 640, , , , ,