Funding agencies: This work is supported, in part, by a KWF fellowship 2009-4451 of the Dutch Cancer Society (to M.J.T.), the Forschungsförderungsfonds Hamburg-Eppendorf (to F.L.), the National Institutes of Health (RO1NS077851; to J.D.), Fundació la Marató TV3 (to J.D.), and Fondo de Investigaciones Sanitarias (FIS; PI11/01780; to J.D.).
Antibodies to N-methyl-D-aspartate and other synaptic receptors in choreoathetosis and relapsing symptoms post–herpes virus encephalitis
Article first published online: 4 NOV 2013
Copyright © 2013 Movement Disorder Society
Volume 29, Issue 1, pages 3–6, January 2014
How to Cite
Titulaer, M. J., Leypoldt, F. and Dalmau, J. (2014), Antibodies to N-methyl-D-aspartate and other synaptic receptors in choreoathetosis and relapsing symptoms post–herpes virus encephalitis. Mov. Disord., 29: 3–6. doi: 10.1002/mds.25716
Relevant conflicts of interest/financial disclosures: Nothing to report.
Full financial disclosures and author roles may be found in the online version of this article.
All authors contributed in reviewing the literature and writing the manuscript.
- Issue published online: 23 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 4 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 10 SEP 2013
This article has been cited by:
- 2Bipolar disorder and antibodies against the N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor: A gate to the involvement of autoimmunity in the pathophysiology of bipolar illness, Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, 2015, 55, 403, , , , , , , , ,
- 3Confirmed enterovirus encephalitis with associated steroid-responsive acute disseminated encephalomyelitis: An overlapping infection and inflammation syndrome, European Journal of Paediatric Neurology, 2015, 19, 2, 266, , , , , , , , ,
- 4Pediatric Herpes Simplex Virus Encephalitis Complicated by N-Methyl-D-aspartate Receptor Antibody Encephalitis, Journal of the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society, 2015, 4, 2, e17, , , , , , , , , ,
- 5Uncommon relapse after post-herpes simplex encephalitis: an atypical case report, Acta Neurologica Belgica, 2015,, , , , ,
- 6Autoimmune encephalitis as differential diagnosis of infectious encephalitis, Current Opinion in Neurology, 2014, 27, 3, 361, , ,