Funding agencies: This study was funded by XenoPort, Inc.
Double-blind study of the actively transported levodopa prodrug XP21279 in Parkinson's disease
Article first published online: 13 DEC 2013
Copyright © 2013 Movement Disorder Society
Volume 29, Issue 1, pages 75–82, January 2014
How to Cite
LeWitt, P. A., Huff, F. J., Hauser, R. A., Chen, D., Lissin, D., Zomorodi, K. and Cundy, K. C. (2014), Double-blind study of the actively transported levodopa prodrug XP21279 in Parkinson's disease. Mov. Disord., 29: 75–82. doi: 10.1002/mds.25742
Relevant conflicts of interest/financial disclosures: Drs. LeWitt and Hauser have been clinical investigators for the study sponsor (XenoPort) and have also served as consultants advising the clinical trial program. Dr. Huff is a consultant (and previously an employee of XenoPort). He owns stock and stock options in XenoPort. Drs Chen, Lissin, Zomorodi, and Cundy are employees and stockholders of XenoPort.
Full financial disclosures and author roles may be found in the online version of this article.
- Issue published online: 23 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 13 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 25 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 1 MAY 2013
- 2Merck & Company, Inc. Sinemet (carbidopa-levodopa) [prescribing information]. Whitehouse Station, NJ: Merck & Company, Inc.; 2011.
- 4Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology. Practice parameter: treatment of Parkinson disease with motor fluctuations and dyskinesia (an evidence-based review): report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology. Neurology 2006;66:983-995., , , et al;
- 9Aton Pharma, Inc. Lodosyn (carbidopa) tablet [package insert]. Bridgewater, NJ: Aton Pharma, Inc.; 2011.
- 12members of the UPDRS Development Committee. The Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale. In: Fahn S, Marsden CD, Calne DB, Goldstein M, editors. Recent Developments in Parkinson's Disease, Vol. 2. Florham Park, NJ: Macmillan Healthcare Information; 1987:153-163., ;
- 14ECDEU Assessment Manual for Psychopharmacology. Publication no. (ADM) 76–338. Rockville, MD: National Institute of Mental Health, US Department of Health, Education, and Welfare; 1976. Available at: http://ia700503.us.archive.org/10/items/ecdeuassessmentm1933guyw/ecdeuassessmentm1933guyw.pdf. Accessed February 1, 2013..
- 16Influential observations in linear regression. J Am Stat Assoc 1979;74:169-174..
- 17Celomen Study Group. Efficacy and safety of entacapone in Parkinson's disease patients with suboptimal levodopa response: a 6-month randomized placebo-controlled double-blind study in Germany and Austria (Celomen study). Acta Neurol Scand 2002;105:245-255., , , , ;