What exactly is an item in the digital world?
Version of Record online: 24 OCT 2008
Copyright © by American Society for Information Science and Technology
Proceedings of the American Society for Information Science and Technology
Volume 44, Issue 1, pages 1–7, 2007
How to Cite
Floyd, I. R. and Renear, A. H. (2007), What exactly is an item in the digital world?. Proc. Am. Soc. Info. Sci. Tech., 44: 1–7. doi: 10.1002/meet.1450440374
- Issue online: 24 OCT 2008
- Version of Record online: 24 OCT 2008
- 1997. What is a Document? Journal of the American Society for Information Science 48 (9), 804–809. Retrieved from on 5/27/2007'
- 1998. What is a Digital Document? Document Numerique (Paris), 2 (2), 221–230. Retrieved on 5/27/2007 from: http://www.ischool.berkeley.edu/∼buckland/digdoc.html
- 1995. The Myth of Metaphor. Visual Basic Programmer's Journal, 5 (6). Retrieved on January 24, 2006 from: http://www.cooper.com/articles/art_myth_of_metaphor.htm
- 1995 The Construction of Social Reality. New York: The Free Press. 1995
- 2000 A formal ontology of properties. In Proceedings of the 12th European Workshop on Knowledge Acquisition, Modeling and Management, R.Dieng and O.Corby, Eds. Lecture Notes In Computer Science, Vol. 1937. (Springer-Verlag, London) 97–112. , &
- IFLA Study Group on the Functional Requirements for Bibliographic Records 1998. Functional Requirements for Bibliographic Records: Final Report (FRBR). Munchen: K. G. Saur. Retrieved from: on January 23, 2006.
- 1997. Visual Interaction Design: Beyond the Interface Metaphor. SIGCHI, 29 (2). Retrieved on January 24, 2006 from: http://acm.org/sigchi/bulletin/1997.2/vid.html
- 2006. Is an XML Document a FRBR Manifestation or a FRBR Expression?-Both, Because FRBR Entities are not Types, but Roles. Extreme Markup Languages 2006, Montreal, Quebec.
- 2007. Three of the Four FRBR Group 1 Entity Types are Roles not Types. ASIS&T, Proceedings of the Annual Conference. ,
- 1993. From Speech Acts to Social Reality. In John Searle, Ed B.Smith, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- 1989. Institutional Ecology, ‘Translations’ and Boundary Objects: Amateurs and Professionals in Berkeley's Museum of Vertebrate Zoology, 1907–39. Social Studies of Science, 19 (3), 387–420. , &
- 2000. The Intellectual Foundation of Information Organization. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.