In the meantime (May 2008), an extension of this conference contribution to a full paper was accepted for publication by the Journal of the American Society for Information Science & Technology (Leydesdorff & Schank, forthcoming). I am grateful to Thomas Schank for developing the animations in Visone, and Diana Lucio-Arias, Wouter de Nooy, and Andrea Scharnhorst for stimulating feedback.
Tracing “interdisciplinarity” using time series of journal maps: The visualization and dynamic animation of journal-journal citation relations †
Article first published online: 1 JUN 2009
Copyright © 2008 by American Society for Information Science and Technology
Proceedings of the American Society for Information Science and Technology
Volume 45, Issue 1, pages 1–8, 2008
How to Cite
Leydesdorff, L. (2008), Tracing “interdisciplinarity” using time series of journal maps: The visualization and dynamic animation of journal-journal citation relations . Proc. Am. Soc. Info. Sci. Tech., 45: 1–8. doi: 10.1002/meet.2008.1450450209
- Issue published online: 3 JUN 2009
- Article first published online: 1 JUN 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!