Observation and numerical simulation of vortex/wave shedding for terrain-disrupted airflow at Hong Kong International Airport during Typhoon Nesat in 2011
Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2012
© 2012 Royal Meteorological Society
Volume 21, Issue 3, pages 512–520, July 2014
How to Cite
Chan, P. W. (2014), Observation and numerical simulation of vortex/wave shedding for terrain-disrupted airflow at Hong Kong International Airport during Typhoon Nesat in 2011. Met. Apps, 21: 512–520. doi: 10.1002/met.1310
- Issue online: 23 JUL 2014
- Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 29 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 27 OCT 2011
- 1981. Meso-Scale Atmospheric Circulations. Academic Press: London; 495 pp. .
- 2011. Observation and numerical simulation of an event of vortex/wave shedding from a mountain near the Hong Kong International Airport. Meteorol. Appl. DOI: 10.1002/met.290. .
- 1997. Terrain-induced turbulence over Lantau Island: 7 June 1994 Tropical Storm Russ case study. J. Atmos. Sci. 54: 1795–1814. , , , , , .
- 2003. RAMS 2001: current status and future directions. Meteorol. Atmos. Phys. 82: 5–29. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1980. Stratocumulus-capped mixed layers derived from a three-dimensional model. Boundary Layer Meteorol. 18: 495–527. .
- 2003. Terminal Doppler Weather Radar observation of atmospheric flow over complex terrain during tropical cyclone passages. J. Appl. Meteorol. 42: 1697–1710. , , .