Economic benefit of meteorology in the Swiss road transportation sector
Article first published online: 1 JUN 2012
Copyright © 2012 Royal Meteorological Society
Volume 21, Issue 2, pages 294–300, April 2014
How to Cite
Frei, T., von Grünigen, S. and Willemse, S. (2014), Economic benefit of meteorology in the Swiss road transportation sector. Met. Apps, 21: 294–300. doi: 10.1002/met.1329
- Issue published online: 22 APR 2014
- Article first published online: 1 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 APR 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 2 APR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 27 SEP 2011
- 2005. An attempt to define the road climate room. Meteorol. Appl. 12(4): 357–370. , , .
- 1996. Assessment of the benefits of an enhanced weather information service for the cotton industry in Australia. Meteorol. Appl. 3: 127–135. , .
- 2007. Weather and Society * Integrated Studies (WAS*IS): building a community for integrating meteorology and social science. Bull. Am. Meteorol. Soc. 88: 1729–1737. , , , , .
- 1998. Descriptive decision-making: comparing theory with practice. Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Conference of the New Zealand Operational Research Society, August 31–September 1. Waikato University: Hamilton; 99–108. .
- 2002. Economic benefits of meteorological services. Meteorol. Appl. 9(1): 33–44. , .
- 2010. Economic and social benefits of meteorology and climatology in Switzerland. Meteorol. Appl. 17: 39–44.
- 2004. Economic issues relating to meteorological services provision. BMRC Research Report 102, Bureau of Meteorology Research Centre: Melbourne, Australia. .
- 1994. The economic impact of winter road maintenance on road users. Transp. Res. Rec. 1442: 429–439. .
- 2002. Economic value of current and improved weather forecasts in the US household sector. Report Prepared for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Stratus Consulting Inc.: Boulder, CO; 211pp. , .
- 2009. Valuing meteorological information. Meteorol. Appl. 16: 315–323. .
- 2009. Benefits and value of meteorological information services—the case of the Finnish Meteorological Institute. Meteorol. Appl. 16: 369–379. , .
- 2008. Benefits of Meteorological Services in Croatia, Research Notes 2420. Finnish Meteorological Institute: Helsinki. , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Value of weather information for road management. Proceedings of the 15th International Road Weather Conference, February 5–7, 2010, Québec City, Convention Centre, Canada. SIRWEC, Standing International Road Weather Commission: Birmingham, UK. , .
- 2008. Societal and economic research and applications for weather forecasts. Priorities for the North American THORPEX Program. Bull. Am. Meteorol. Soc. 89: 335–346. , , , , , .
- 2002. Conceptual and scaling evaluation of vehicle traffic thermal effects on snow/ice covered roads. J. Appl. Meteorol. 41: 1225–1240. , , , , .
- 2003. Using willingness-to-pay to assess the economic value of weather forecasts for multiple commercial sectors. Meteorol. Appl. 10(1): 31–38. , .
- The Ministry of Transport and Energy. 2006. Meteorology—a revenue generating science. http://www.wmo.int/pages/prog/amp/pwsp/documents/Meteorology_Revenue_Generating_Science.pdf.
- 1989. A preliminary performance and benefit analysis of the UK national road ice prediction system. Meteorol. Mag. 118: 93–99. .
- 2001. How to judge the quality and value of weather forecast products. Meteorol. Appl. 8(3): 307–314. , .
- WMO. 2003. Socio-economic benefits of national meteorological and hydrological services. WMO Bull. 52(4): 366–373.
- WMO. 2007. Socio-Economic Benefits of Meteorological and Hydrological Services and Information: Madrid Action Plan. World Meteorological Organisation: Geneva. http://www.wmo.int/pages/themes/socec/madrid_action_en.html.