Algorithm for sea fog monitoring with the use of information technologies
Article first published online: 15 AUG 2012
Copyright © 2012 Royal Meteorological Society
Volume 21, Issue 2, pages 350–359, April 2014
How to Cite
Heo, K.-Y., Park, S., Ha, K.-J. and Shim, J.-S. (2014), Algorithm for sea fog monitoring with the use of information technologies. Met. Apps, 21: 350–359. doi: 10.1002/met.1344
- Issue published online: 22 APR 2014
- Article first published online: 15 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 4 APR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 25 JAN 2012
- 1999. Use of satellite images for fog detection (AVHRR) and forecast of fog dissipation (METEOSAT) over lowland Thessalia, Hellas. Int. J. Remote Sens. 20: 1107–1124. , .
- 2005. Fog detection from space based on MODIS daytime data—A feasibility study. Weather Forecast. 20: 989–1005. , , , .
- 2005. Fog/low stratus detection and discrimination using satellite data. Proceeding of COST722 Mid-term Workshop on Short-range Forecasting Methods of Fog, Visibility and Low Clouds, 20 October 2005, Langen, Germany. , .
- 2007. Dynamical nighttime fog/low stratus detection based on Meteosat SEVIRI data—a feasibility study. Pure Appl. Geophys. 164: 1179–1192. , .
- 2000. Sea fog around the Korean Peninsula. J. Appl. Meteorol. 39: 2473–2479. , , .
- 1982. Cloud cover from high-resolution scanner data: detecting and allowing for partially filled fields of view. J. Geophys. Res. 87: 4917–4932. , .
- 1997. Fog forecasting for the southern region: a conceptual model approach. Weather Forecast. 12: 545–566. , , , .
- 1995. Advances in the detection and analysis of fog at night using GOES multispectral infrared imagery. Weather Forecast. 10: 606–619. .
- 2000. Proposed improvements to the GOES nighttime fog product to provide ceiling and visibility information. Preprints, 10th Conference on Satellite Meteorology and Oceanography, Long Beach, CA, 9–14 Jan 2000. American Meteorological Society: Boston, MA. .
- 1984. Detection of fog at night using Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer (AVHRR) imagery. Meteorol. Mag. 113: 265–271. , , .
- 2006. Trends in fog frequency and duration in the southeast United States. Phys. Geog. 27: 206–222. , , , , .
- 2006. Analysis and high-resolution modelling of a dense sea fog event over the Yellow Sea. Atmos. Res. 81: 293–303. , , , , .
- 2007. A heavy sea fog event over the Yellow Sea in March 2005: analysis and numerical modeling. Adv. Atmos. Sci. 24: 65–81. , , , .
- 2004. Classification of synoptic pattern associated with coastal fog around the Korean Peninsula. J. Korean Meteorol. Soc. 40: 541–556 (in Korean with English abstract). , .
- 2010. A coupled model study on the formation and dissipation of sea fogs. Mon. Weather Rev. 138: 1186–1205. , .
- 2008. A remote sensed data combined method for sea fog detection. Korean J. Remote Sens. 24(1): 1–16. , , , , , , .
- 2001. The point in polygon problem for arbitrary polygons. Comput. Geom. 20: 131–144. , .
- 1973. Radiative properties of terrestrial clouds at visible and infra-red thermal window wavelengths. Q. J. R. Meteorol. Soc. 99: 346–369. .
- 1997. Detection of fog and the low stratus cloud at night using derived dual channel difference of NOAA/AVHRR data. Proceeding of the 18th Asian Conference on Remote Sensing, 20–24 October, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. , , , .
- 1996. HIGHERS-The AVHRR-based higher spatial resolution sea surface temperature data set intended for studying the ocean south of Japan. J. Oceanogr. 52: 441–455. , .
- 1986. Cloud Investigation by Satellite. Ellis Horwood Ltd.: Chichester, UK; 314 pp. .