On the use of the intensity-scale verification technique to assess operational precipitation forecasts
Article first published online: 20 MAR 2008
Copyright © 2008 Royal Meteorological Society
Special Issue: Forecast Verification
Volume 15, Issue 1, pages 145–154, March 2008
How to Cite
Csima, G. and Ghelli, A. (2008), On the use of the intensity-scale verification technique to assess operational precipitation forecasts. Met. Apps, 15: 145–154. doi: 10.1002/met.49
- Issue published online: 20 MAR 2008
- Article first published online: 20 MAR 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 JAN 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 11 DEC 2007
- Manuscript Received: 25 SEP 2007
- 2004. A new intensity-scale approach for the verification of spatial precipitation forecasts. Meteorological Applications 11: 141–154. , , .
- 2007. Verification techniques for spatial forecasts. Oral presenation at the Third International Workshop on Verification Methods: Reading, UK, January 2007. http://www.ecmwf.int/newsevents/meetings/workshops/2007/jwgr/index.html. .
- 2002. Verification of precipitation forecasts over the Alpine region using high-density observing network. Weather and Forecasting 17: 238–249. , , .
- 2003. The WGNE assessment of short-term quantitative precipitation forecasts. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 84: 481–492. , , , .
- 2000. Verifying precipitation forecasts using upscaled observations. ECMWF Newsletter 87: 9–17. , .
- 2007. Designing a state-of-the-art verification system. Oral presentation at the Third International Workshop on Verification Methods, PDF available from: http://www.ecmwf.int/newsevents/meetings/workshops/2007/jwgv/index.html. , , , .
- 1996. ARPEGE/ALADIN: a numerical weather prediction model for Central-Europe with the participation of the Hungarian Meteorological Service. Idojárás 100: 277–301. , , .
- 2003. Forecast Verification: A Practitioner's Guide in Atmospheric Science. John Wiley and Sons: Chichester, 240pp. , .
- 2006. Quality of weather forecasts, Review and Recommendations. Available from Royal Meteorological Society. , , .
- 1978. Variations of box plots. American Statistician 32(1): 12–16. , , .
- 1996. Grid box or grid point: what type of data do GCM deliver to climate impacts researchers? International Journal of Climatology 16: 1079–1086. , .
- 2005. Two new cycles of the IFS: Cycle 26r3 and Cycle 28r1. ECMWF Newsletter 102: 26–35. , , , , .
- 2006. Towards a global mesoscale model: the high-resolution system T799L92 and T399L62 EPS. ECMWF Newsletter 108: 6–13. , , , , .
- 1995. Statistical Methods in the Atmospheric Sciences: An Introduction. Academic Press: San Diego, CA. .