Prevalence of selected genomic deletions and duplications in a French–Canadian population-based sample of newborns
Article first published online: 21 MAY 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Molecular Genetics & Genomic Medicine published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Molecular Genetics & Genomic Medicine
Volume 1, Issue 2, pages 87–97, July 2013
Total views since publication: 227
How to Cite
Tucker, T., Giroux, S., Clément, V., Langlois, S., Friedman, J. M. and Rousseau, F. (2013), Prevalence of selected genomic deletions and duplications in a French–Canadian population-based sample of newborns. Molecular Genetics & Genomic Medicine, 1: 87–97. doi: 10.1002/mgg3.12
- Issue published online: 8 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 21 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 11 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 17 FEB 2013
- Canadian Institute of Health Research. Grant Number: MOP 82828
- 2003. Monosomy 1p36 breakpoint junctions suggest pre-meiotic breakage-fusion-bridge cycles are involved in generating terminal deletions. Hum. Mol. Genet. 12:2153–2165. , , , , and .
- 2007a. Discovery of a previously unrecognized microdeletion syndrome of 16p11.2-p12.2. Nat. Genet. 39:1071–1073. , , , , , , et al.
- 2007b. The clinical utility of enhanced subtelomeric coverage in array CGH. Am. J. Med. Genet. A 143A:1850–1857. , , , , , , et al.
- 2008. The inv dup (15) or idic (15) syndrome (Tetrasomy 15q). Orphanet J. Rare Dis. 3:30.
- 2009. Further characterization of the new microdeletion syndrome of 16p11.2-p12.2. Am. J. Med. Genet. A 149A:1200–1204. , , , , and .
- 2009. Extending the phenotype of recurrent rearrangements of 16p11.2: deletions in mentally retarded patients without autism and in normal individuals. Eur. J. Med. Genet. 52:77–87. , , , , , , et al.
- 2003. Prenatal and postnatal prevalence of Klinefelter syndrome: a national registry study. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 88:622–626. , , and .
- 2003. A population-based study of the 22q11.2 deletion: phenotype, incidence, and contribution to major birth defects in the population. Pediatrics 112:101–107. , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Angelman syndrome. Eur. J. Hum. Genet. 17:1367–1373. , and .
- 2009. Prader-Willi syndrome. Eur. J. Hum. Genet. 17:3–13. , and .
- 2008. Novel submicroscopic chromosomal abnormalities detected in autism spectrum disorder. Biol. Psychiatry 63:1111–1117. , , , , , , et al.
- Consortium International. 2008. Rare chromosomal deletions and duplications increase risk of schizophrenia. Nature 455:237–241.
- 2011. A copy number variation morbidity map of developmental delay. Nat. Genet. 43:838–846. , , , , , , et al.
- 2011. Narrowing the critical deletion region for autism spectrum disorders on 16p11.2. Am. J. Med. Genet. B Neuropsychiatr. Genet. 156:243–245. , , , , , , et al.
- 1997. Familial deletions of chromosome 22q11. Am. J. Med. Genet. 73:95–96. , , , and .
- 2003. Spectrum of clinical variability in familial deletion 22q11.2: from full manifestation to extremely mild clinical anomalies. Clin. Genet. 63:308–313. , , , , , , et al.
- 2002. Duplication of chromosome region (16)(p11.2→p12.1) in a mother and daughter with mild mental retardation. Am. J. Med. Genet. 109:149–153. , , , , , , et al.
- 2004. FISH characterisation of an identical (16)(p11.2p12.2) tandem duplication in two unrelated patients with autistic behaviour. J. Med. Genet. 41:e90. , , , , , , et al.
- 2007. Monosomy 1p36 deletion syndrome. Am. J. Med. Genet. C Semin. Med. Genet. 145C:346–356. , , and .
- 2007. Assessment of the prevalence of the 985A>G MCAD mutation in the French–Canadian population using allele-specific PCR. Clin. Genet. 71:569–575. , , , , , , et al.
- 2012. KCTD13 is a major driver of mirrored neuroanatomical phenotypes of the 16p11.2 copy number variant. Nature 485:363–367. , , , , , , et al.
- 1999. Molecular and clinical characterization of a patient with duplication of 1p36.3 and metopic synostosis. Clin. Genet. 56:123–128. , , , and .
- 2003. Population data suggest that deletions of 1p36 are a relatively common chromosome abnormality. Clin. Genet. 64:310–316. , , , , and .
- 2009. Microdeletion syndrome 16p11.2-p12.2: clinical and molecular characterization. Am. J. Med. Genet. A 149A:2106–2112. , , , , , , et al.
- 2011. The prevalence and diagnosis rates of Klinefelter syndrome: an Australian comparison. Med. J. Aust. 194:24–28. , , , and .
- 1983. The distribution of chromosomal genotypes associated with Turner's syndrome: livebirth prevalence rates and evidence for diminished fetal mortality and severity in genotypes associated with structural X abnormalities or mosaicism. Hum. Genet. 64:24–27. , and .
- 2011. Maternally derived microduplications at 15q11-q13: implication of imprinted genes in psychotic illness. Am. J. Psychiatry 168:408–417. , , , , , , et al.
- 1996. Familial DiGeorge/velocardiofacial syndrome with deletions of chromosome area 22q11.2: report of five families with a review of the literature. Am. J. Med. Genet. 65:309–316. , , , , and .
- 2001. Analysis of relative gene expression data using real-time quantitative PCR and the 2(-Delta Delta C(T)) Method. Methods 25:402–408. , and .
- 2005. Genomic disorders: molecular mechanisms for rearrangements and conveyed phenotypes. PLoS Genet. 1:e49. , and .
- 2009. Microduplications of 16p11.2 are associated with schizophrenia. Nat. Genet. 41:1223–1227. , , , , , , et al.
- 2001. Phenotype of the 22q11.2 deletion in individuals identified through an affected relative: cast a wide FISHing net! Genet. Med. 3:23–29. , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. A method for rapid, targeted CNV genotyping identifies rare variants associated with neurocognitive disease. Genome Res. 19:1579–1585. , , , , , , et al.
- 1998. Two-sided confidence intervals for the single proportion: comparison of seven methods. Stat. Med. 17:857–872.
- 2007. Diet and the evolution of human amylase gene copy number variation. Nat. Genet. 39:1256–1260. , , , , , , et al.
- Santé-Québec. 1992–1993. Et la santé, ça va en 1992-1993. Rapport de l'enquête sociale et de santé 1992-1993. Ministère de la Santé et des Services Sociaux, Montréal, Québec, Canada.
- 2002. Relative quantification of 40 nucleic acid sequences by multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification. Nucleic Acids Res. 30:e57. , , , , , and .
- 1998. Autism and maternally derived aberrations of chromosome 15q. Am. J. Med. Genet. 76:327–336. , , , , , , et al.
- 2006. Medical applications of array CGH and the transformation of clinical cytogenetics. Cytogenet. Genome Res. 115:303–309. , and .
- 2008. Velo-cardio-facial syndrome: 30 years of study. Dev. Disabil. Res. Rev. 14:3–10.
- 2004. Multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification using a completely synthetic probe set. Biotechniques 37:399–405. , , , , , and .
- 2012. Autism multiplex family with 16p11.2p12.2 microduplication syndrome in monozygotic twins and distal 16p11.2 deletion in their brother. Eur. J. Hum. Genet. 20:540–546. , , , , , , et al.
- 1998. Frequency of inherited deletions of 22q11. J. Med. Genet. 35:789. , and .
- 2005. Diagnostic genome profiling in mental retardation. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 77:606–616. , , , , , , et al.
- 2008. Association between microdeletion and microduplication at 16p11.2 and autism. N. Engl. J. Med. 358:667–675.
- 2008. Clinical variability of the 22q11.2 duplication syndrome. Eur. J. Med. Genet. 51:501–510. , , , , and .
- 1992. Deletions within chromosome 22q11 in familial congenital heart disease. Lancet 340:573–575. , , , , and .