Novel IRF6 mutations in families with Van Der Woude syndrome and popliteal pterygium syndrome from sub-Saharan Africa
Version of Record online: 27 JAN 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Molecular Genetics & Genomic Medicine published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Molecular Genetics & Genomic Medicine
Volume 2, Issue 3, pages 254–260, May 2014
How to Cite
Molecular Genetics & Genomic Medicine 2014; 2(3): 254–260
- Issue online: 14 MAY 2014
- Version of Record online: 27 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 18 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Received: 10 OCT 2013
- NIDCR. Grant Numbers: K99/R00 DE022378, DE-08559, DE-016148
- 2010. A method and server for predicting damaging missense mutations. Nat. Methods 7:248–249. , , , , , , et al.
- 2011. Novel IRF6 mutations in Honduran Van der Woude syndrome patients. Mol. Med. Rep. 4:237–241. , , , , , , et al.
- 2013. Replication of genome wide association identified candidate genes confirm the role of common and rare mutations in PAX7 and VAX1 in the etiology of nonsyndromic CL(P). Am. J. Med. Genet. A 161:965–972. , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Prevalence and nonrandom distribution of exonic mutations in interferon regulatory factor 6 in 307 families with Van der Woude syndrome and 37 families with popliteal pterygium syndrome. Genet. Med. 11:241–247. , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. IRF6 screening of syndromic and a priori non-syndromic cleft lip and palate patients: identification of a new type of minor VWS sign. Mol. Syndromol. 1:67–74. , , , , , , et al.
- 1990. Popliteal pterygium syndrome. J. Med. Genet. 27:320–326.
- 2004. Six families with van der Woude and/or popliteal pterygium syndrome: all with a mutation in the IRF6 gene. J. Med. Genet. 41:e15. , , , , , , et al.
- 2005. Van Der Woude syndrome: variable penetrance of a novel mutation (p.Arg 84Gly) of the IRF6 gene in a Turkish family. Int. J. Mol. Med. 2005(15):247–251. , , , , , , et al.
- 2002. Mutations in IRF6 cause Van der Woude and popliteal pterygium syndromes. Nat. Genet. 32:285–289. , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Predicting the effects of coding non-synonymous variants on protein function using the SIFT algorithm. Nat. Protoc. 4:1073–1081. , , and .
- 2010. Van der Woude syndrome: dentofacial features and implications for clinical practice. Aust. Dent. J. 55:51–58. , , , and .
- 2013. Comparative analysis of IRF6 mutationsin families with Van der Woude syndrome and popliteal pterygium syndrome using public whole-exome databases. Genet. Med. 15:338–344. , , , , , and .
- 2013. Novel lip pit phenotypes and mutations of IRF6 in Van der Woude syndrome patients from Pakistan. Clin. Genet. doi:10.1111/cge.12207. , , and .
- 2012. A novel variant in the IRF6 gene associated with facial asymmetry in a family affected with Van der Woude syndrome. Pediatr. Dermatol. 29:768–770. , , , , and .
- 2013. Dominant mutations in GRHL3 cause Van der Woude syndrome and disrupt oral periderm development. 63rd ASHG Meeting, Boston, MA. , , , , , , et al.
- 2004. Van der Woude syndrome: a review. Cardinal signs, epidemiology, associated features, differential diagnosis, expressivity, genetic counseling, and treatment. Eur. J. Orthod. 26:17–24. , and .
- 2012. Variant screening of IRF6 among families with non-syndromic oral clefts and identification of two novel variants: review of the literature. Eur. J. Med. Genet. 55:389–393. , , , and .
- 2010. Two novel mutations affecting splicing in the IRF6 gene associated with van der Woude syndrome. J. Craniofac. Surg. 21:1654–1656. , , , , , , et al.
- 2013. De novo 2.3 Mb microdeletion of 1q32.2 involving the Van der Woude Syndrome locus. Mol. Cytogenet. 6:31. , , and .
- 2010. Protein structure analysis of mutations causing inheritable diseases. An e-Science approach with life scientist friendly interfaces. BMC Bioinformatics 11:548. doi:10.1186/1471-2105-11-548 , , , , and .