Structure determination of germacrane-type sesquiterpene alcohols from an endophyte Streptomyces griseus subsp.
Article first published online: 19 SEP 2005
Copyright © 2005 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Magnetic Resonance in Chemistry
Volume 43, Issue 12, pages 1028–1031, December 2005
How to Cite
Guan, S., Grabley, S., Groth, I., Lin, W., Christner, A., Guo, D. and Sattler, I. (2005), Structure determination of germacrane-type sesquiterpene alcohols from an endophyte Streptomyces griseus subsp. Magn. Reson. Chem., 43: 1028–1031. doi: 10.1002/mrc.1710
- Issue published online: 14 NOV 2005
- Article first published online: 19 SEP 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 AUG 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 5 AUG 2005
- Manuscript Received: 20 JUL 2005
- CNCBD. Grant Numbers: CHN 02/322, CHN 02/323.
- 2D NMR;
- Kandelia candel;
- germacrane-type sesquiterpene alcohols
Three germacrane-type sesquiterpene alcohols were isolated from an endophyte of mangrove plant Kandelia candel. Their structures were characterized as 1(10)E,5E-germacradiene-11-ol (1), 1(10)E,5E-germacradiene-3,11-diol (2), 1(10)E,5E-germacradiene-2,11-diol (3) based on the extensive NMR studies. Among them, 2 and 3 are identified as new compounds. Copyright © 2005 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.