An introduction to medical statistics for health care professionals: describing and presenting data
Article first published online: 16 FEB 2006
Copyright © 2004 Whurr Publishers Ltd.
Volume 2, Issue 4, pages 218–228, November 2004
How to Cite
Thomas, E. (2004), An introduction to medical statistics for health care professionals: describing and presenting data. Musculoskelet. Care, 2: 218–228. doi: 10.1002/msc.73
- Issue published online: 16 FEB 2006
- Article first published online: 16 FEB 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: MAY 2004
- Manuscript Received: JAN 2004
- 1994). Practical Statistics for Medical Research. London: Chapman and Hall. (
- 1953). Proposal for a new method of evaluation of newborn infants. Anesthesia and Analgesia 32: 260–7. (
- 2000). An Introduction to Medical Statistics (3rd edn.) Oxford: Oxford University Press. (
- 1994). Measurement of shoulder related disability: Results of a validation study. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases 53: 525–8. , , , , (
- EuroQol Group (1990). Euro-Qol –a new facility for the measurement of health-related quality of life. Health Policy 16: 199–208.
- 1998). Mastering Statistics: A Guide for Health Service Professionals and Researchers. Cheltenham: Stanley Thornes (Publishers) Ltd. , , (
- 1992). AIMS2: The content and properties of a revised and expanded Arthritis Impact Measurement Scales health questionnaire. Arthritis and Rheumatism 35: 1–10. , , , , (
- 1998). Statistics at Square One (9th edn.) London: BMJ Publishing Group. (
- World Health Organization (2000). Obesity: Preventing and Managing the Global Epidemic. WHO Technical Report Series 894. Geneva: WHO.
- 1983). The Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica 67: 361–70. , (