Disclosures: J.K. received drugs from Abbott Pharmaceuticals for a clinical trial in SMA, is a paid consultant for Alexion Pharmaceuticals and Cytokinetics, and is funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH U10 NS77382-2 for NeuroNEXT). B.E. received drugs from Abbott Pharmaceuticals for a clinical trial in SMA. S.R. has received grants from Families of SMA. K.K has received grant funding from the Families of SMA. G.A. receives funding from NIH/NINDS. B.L. received grants from Families of SMA and the National Center for Research Resources (UL1RR025764 to the University of Utah Center for Clinical and Translational Science). K.S. has contracts with ISIS Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Orphamed, and Biomarin for clinical trials and receives grant support from the NIH (R01-HD69045 from NICHD and U10 NS077305 from NINDS), the Muscular Dystrophy Association, and the Alternating Hemiplegia of Childhood Foundation. The remaining authors have no disclosures to report.
SMA valiant trial: A prospective, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of valproic acid in ambulatory adults with spinal muscular atrophy
Article first published online: 13 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Muscle & Nerve
Volume 49, Issue 2, pages 187–192, February 2014
How to Cite
Kissel, J. T., Elsheikh, B., King, W. M., Freimer, M., Scott, C. B., Kolb, S. J., Reyna, S. P., Crawford, T. O., Simard, L. R., Krosschell, K. J., Acsadi, G., Schroth, M. K., D'Anjou, G., LaSalle, B., Prior, T. W., Sorenson, S., Maczulski, J. A., Swoboda, K. J. and for the Project Cure Spinal Muscular Atrophy Investigators Network (2014), SMA valiant trial: A prospective, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of valproic acid in ambulatory adults with spinal muscular atrophy. Muscle Nerve, 49: 187–192. doi: 10.1002/mus.23904
- Issue published online: 16 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 13 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 16 MAY 2013 07:12AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 MAY 2013
- Families of Spinal Muscular Atrophy and also by grants from the Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences, University of Utah . Grant Number: UL1RR025764
- Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences, Ohio State University . Grant Number: UL1RR025755
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.