No conflict of interest reported by the author(s)
Original Clinical Article
Presentation and management of major complications of midurethral slings: Are complications under-reported?†
Article first published online: 5 DEC 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Neurourology and Urodynamics
Volume 26, Issue 1, pages 46–52, January 2007
How to Cite
Deng, D. Y., Rutman, M., Raz, S. and Rodriguez, L. V. (2007), Presentation and management of major complications of midurethral slings: Are complications under-reported?. Neurourol. Urodyn., 26: 46–52. doi: 10.1002/nau.20357
- Issue published online: 8 JAN 2007
- Article first published online: 5 DEC 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 AUG 2006
- Manuscript Received: 8 MAY 2006
- 2004. Complications of tension-free vaginal tape surgery: A multi-institutional review. BJU Int 94: 110–3. , , , et al.
- 2003. Urethral erosion after synthetic and nonsynthetic pubovaginal slings: Differences in management and continence outcome. J Urol 170: 134–7; discussion 137. , , .
- 2004. Surgical treatment of female stress urinary incontinence with a trans-obturator-tape (T.O.T.) Uratape: Short term results of a prospective multicentric study. Eur Urol 46: 102–6; discussion 106–7. , , , et al.
- 2005. Multicenter experience with the Monarc transobturator sling system to treat stress urinary incontinence. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17: 460–5. , , .
- 2003. Novel surgical technique for the treatment of female stress urinary incontinence: Transobturator vaginal tape inside-out. Eur Urol 44: 724–30. .
- 2002. Complications of urinary incontinence surgery: 800 procedures. J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 31: 649–62. , , , et al.
- 2004. Transobturator tape (Uratape): A new minimally-invasive procedure to treat female urinary incontinence. Eur Urol 45: 203–7. , , , et al.
- 2004. A prospective randomized trial comparing tension-free vaginal tape and transobturator suburethral tape for surgical treatment of stress urinary incontinence. Am J Obstet Gynecol 190: 602–8. , , , et al.
- 2005. Diagnosis, management and prognosis of vaginal erosion after transobturator suburethral tape procedure using a nonwoven thermally bonded polypropylene mesh. J Urol 173: 1627–30. , , , et al.
- 2005. Comparison of retropubic and outside-in transoburator sling systems for the cure of female genuine stress urinary incontinence. Eur Urol 48: 799–804. , , , et al.
- 2005. Erosions and urinary retention following polypropylene synthetic sling: Australasian survey. Eur Urol 47: 641–6; discussion 646–7. , , .
- 2005. Treatment of stress incontinence with the SPARC sling: Intraoperative and early complications of 445 patients. Urology 66: 760–2. , , , et al.
- 2003. Factors predictive of urinary retention after a tension-free vaginal tape procedure for female stress urinary incontinence. J Urol 170: 852–6. , , , et al.
- 2002. Endoscopic treatment of bladder perforation after tension-free vaginal tape procedure. J Urol 168: 197. .
- 2003. Complications and untoward effects of the tension-free vaginal tape procedure. Obstet Gynecol 101: 929–32. , , , et al.
- 2001. Urinary retention after tension-free vaginal tape procedure: Incidence and treatment. Urology 58: 697–701. , , , et al.
- 2003. Perioperative complications: The first 140 polypropylene pubovaginal slings. J Urol 170: 1918–21. , .
- 2005. Sub-urethral tape treatment of female urinary incontinence—morbidity assessment of the trans-obturator route and a new tape (I-STOP): A multi-centre experiment involving 604 cases. Eur Urol 47: 102–6; discussion 106–7. , , , et al.
- 2002. A nationwide analysis of complications associated with the tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) procedure. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 81: 72–7. , .
- 2004. Surgical complications and medium-term outcome results of tension-free vaginal tape: A prospective study of 313 consecutive patients. Neurourol Urodyn 23: 7–9. , , , et al.
- 2004. Suburethral tape via the obturator route: Is the TOT a simplification of the TVT? Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 15: 227–32. , , , et al.
- 2001. Tension-free vaginal tape: Analysis of outcomes and complications in 404 stress incontinent women. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 12: S24–S27. , , , et al.
- 2005. Transobturator tape for stress incontinence: The North Queensland experience. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 45: 446–9. , , , et al.
- 2005. Complications associated with the tension-free vaginal tape procedure: The Korean experience. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 16: 215–9. , , , et al.
- 2005. Transobturator SAFYRE sling is as effective as the transvaginal procedure. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 16: 487–91. , , , et al.
- 2005. Trans-obturator vaginal tape (TOT) for female stress incontinence: One year follow-up in 120 patients. Eur Urol 48: 805–9. , , , et al.
- 2005. Vaginal mesh extrusion associated with use of Mentor transobturator sling. Urology 66: 995–9. .
- 2005. Suburethral sling inserted by the transobturator route in the treatment of female stress urinary incontinence: Preliminary results in 117 cases. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 123: 212–7. , .
- 2002. Polypropylene mesh tape for stress urinary incontinence: Complications of urethral erosion and outlet obstruction. J Urol 168: 144–6. , , , et al.
- 2001. Tension-free vaginal tape operation: Results of the Austrian registry. Obstet Gynecol 98: 732–6. , , , et al.
- 2004. Tape related complications of the tension-free vaginal tape procedure. J Urol 171: 762–4. , , , et al.
- 1995. Intravaginal slingplasty (IVS): An ambulatory surgical procedure for treatment of female urinary incontinence. Scand J Urol Nephrol 29: 75–82. , .
- 1996. An ambulatory surgical procedure under local anesthesia for treatment of female urinary incontinence. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 7: 81–5; discussion 85–6. , , , et al.
- 2004. The techniques of trocar insertion and intraoperative urethrocystoscopy in tension-free vaginal taping: An experience of 600 cases. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 83: 293–8. .