This document is being published simultaneously in Neurourology and Urodynamics (NAU) and the International Urogynecology Journal (IUJ), the respective Journals of the sponsoring organizations, the International Continence Society (ICS) and the International Urogynecological Association (IUGA) in the January 2011 issue of each Journal.
Article first published online: 22 DEC 2010
Copyright © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Neurourology and Urodynamics
Volume 30, Issue 1, pages 2–12, January 2011
How to Cite
Haylen, B. T., Freeman, R. M., Swift, S. E., Cosson, M., Davila, G. W., Deprest, J., Dwyer, P. L., Fatton, B., Kocjancic, E., Lee, J., Maher, C., Petri, E., Rizk, D. E., Sand, P. K., Schaer, G. N. and Webb, R. (2011), An international urogynecological association (IUGA)/international continence society (ICS) joint terminology and classification of the complications related directly to the insertion of prostheses (meshes, implants, tapes) and grafts in female pelvic floor surgery. Neurourol. Urodyn., 30: 2–12. doi: 10.1002/nau.21036
Conflicts of interest: BT Haylen: Assistance from Boston Scientific to attend London June 2008 Meeting of the Authors of the IUGA-ICS Report on Terminology for Female Pelvic Floor Dysfunction; RM Freeman: Educational meetings: Astellas and Pfizer. All income from commercial trials and some of the honoraria go to his research fund. Locality lead for the NIHR Peninsula Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care (PenCLAHRC). PROSPECT: A grant holder for this nationally funded trial of prolapse surgery; SE Swift: No disclosures; M Cosson: Consultant: Ethicon. Educational sessions: Ethicon, Ipsen. Unconditional grant for fundamental research: Ethicon; G Willy Davila: Travel expenses or honoraria and consultant: AMS, Novosys. Holds a position of influence in IUGA and NAFC; J Deprest: Consulting or lecturing: American Medical Systems, Bard, Johnson and Johnson, (Ethicon Gynaecare). His laboratory has received unconditional grants from the same companies, as well as Covidien (formerly Tyco Healthcare); PL Dwyer: Departmental research grant from American Medical Systems (AMS); B Fatton: Consulting or lecturing: Boston Scientific, Astellas and Tena; E Kocjancic: Consultant: AMS, Coloplast and Bard. Speaker: Astra Zeneca; Joseph Lee: Travel fellowship awarded by national society; grant sponsored by American Medical Systems; C Maher: No disclosures; E Petri: No disclosures; DE Rizk: No disclosures; PK Sand: Advisor: Allergan, Astellas, GSK, Coloplast, Ortho, Pfizer, Sanofi, Aventis, Watson. Speaker: Allergan, Astellas, GSK, Ortho, Pfizer, Watson. Investigator: Boston Scientific, Pfizer, Watson, Ortho, Bioform; GN Schaer: Advisor (in Switzerland): Astellas, Novartis, Pfizer, Gynecare; R Webb:Travel bursaries: Ethicon, AMS, Pfizer, Astellas. Lecture fees: (departmental) Pfizer, Astellas. Research: Allergan Astellas.
– Standardization and Terminology Committee (IUGA): Bernard T. Haylen, Robert M. Freeman, Steven E. Swift, Peter L. Dwyer, Joseph Lee, Diaa E. Rizk, Eckhard Petri, Peter K. Sand, Gabriel N. Schaer.
– Standardization and Terminology Committee (ICS): Robert M. Freeman, Ralph J. Webb.
– Joint IUGA/ICS Working Group on Complications Terminology: Bernard T. Haylen, Robert M. Freeman, Steven E. Swift, Michel Cosson, Chris Maher, G. Willy Davila, Jan Deprest, Peter L. Dwyer, Brigitte Fatton, Ralph J. Webb.
- Issue published online: 22 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 22 DEC 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 OCT 2010
- Manuscript Received: 22 OCT 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.