Dirk De Ridder led the peer-review process as the Associate Editor responsible for the paper.
Original Clinical Article
Article first published online: 10 SEP 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Neurourology and Urodynamics
Volume 32, Issue 3, pages 242–249, March 2013
How to Cite
Sussman, D., Patel, V., Del Popolo, G., Lam, W., Globe, D. and Pommerville, P. (2013), Treatment satisfaction and improvement in health-related quality of life with onabotulinumtoxinA in patients with urinary incontinence due to neurogenic detrusor overactivity. Neurourol. Urodyn., 32: 242–249. doi: 10.1002/nau.22293
Disclosure: David Sussman, Giulio Del Popolo, and Peter Pommerville have consulted for, conducted studies funded by, or received honoraria from Allergan, Inc. Denise Globe, Vaishali Patel, and Wayne Lam are employees of Allergan, Inc.
The participating investigator sites were—Brazil: C. Bezerra, R. Damião, C. D'Ancona, W. Koff, J. Noronha, C. Teloken, J. Truzzi; Canada: J. Gajewski, S. Herschorn, P. Pommerville, G. Steinhoff, M. Stothers; France: S. Hamid, G. Amarenco, J.P. Ansieau, P. Costa, F. Hakami, A. Ruffion; Hong Kong: C.K. Chan, P. Tam; Italy: G. Del Popolo, A. Manassero, M. Spinelli, A. Tubaro; Netherlands: G. Beckers, B. Blok, K. Delaere, L. de Kort, J. Heesakkers, E.-J. Messelink, G. Van Koeveringe; Portugal: F. Cruz, F.C. Gomes, M.J. Gomes, L. Monteiro, F. Rolo; Singapore: K.-L. Toh; South Africa: Z. Bereczky, T. Fourie, S. Wentzel, F. van Wijk; Spain: F.J. Cruz, J. Conejero, D. Diaz, A. Moyano; Taiwan: H.-C. Kuo; UK: L. Chowoo, M. Drake, W. El-Masry, S. Harrison, R. Webb; USA: M. Albo, P. Aliotta, R. Andrawis, J. Antoci, J. Bass, D. Bodner, T. Bryce, T. Chai, D. Chaikin, B. Cowan, E. De, D. Ginsberg, E. Houser, K. Jacoby, W. Jaffe, J. Kim, C. Klutke, A. Kohan, K. Krejci, W. McElveen, E. Mueller, M. Murdock, B. Roberts, D. Rosenstein, H. Ruiz, W. Schiff, P. Sieber, D. Sussman, C. Trop, B. Wachs.
- Issue published online: 18 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 10 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 20 DEC 2011
This article has been cited by:
- 1Lower urinary tract dysfunction in the neurological patient: clinical assessment and management, The Lancet Neurology, 2015, 14, 7, 720, , ,
- 2Management of Neurogenic Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction in Multiple Sclerosis Patients, Current Urology Reports, 2015, 16, 7, ,
- 5Therapeutic outcome and patient adherence to repeated onabotulinumtoxinA detrusor injections in chronic spinal cord-injured patients and neurogenic detrusor overactivity, Journal of the Formosan Medical Association, 2015, 114, 7, 583, ,
- 6Neurology of Sexual and Bladder Disorders, 2015,, , ,
- 7Botulinum Toxin for Symptomatic Therapy in Multiple Sclerosis, Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports, 2014, 14, 8, , , ,
- 8OnabotulinumtoxinA (Botox®): A Review of its Use in the Treatment of Urinary Incontinence in Patients with Multiple Sclerosis or Subcervical Spinal Cord Injury, Drugs, 2014, 74, 14, 1659,
- 9OnabotulinumtoxinA Office Treatment for Neurogenic Bladder Incontinence in Parkinson's Disease, Urology, 2014, 83, 1, 22, , ,
- 10The Evaluation and Management of Refractory Neurogenic Overactive Bladder, Current Urology Reports, 2014, 15, 10, ,
- 11The management of urinary incontinence in the male neurological patient, Current Opinion in Urology, 2014, 24, 6, 586, ,
- 12Botulinum Toxin—What Urologic Uses Does the Data Support?, Current Urology Reports, 2013, 14, 3, 227, , , ,
- 13Efficacy and Safety of Botulinum Toxin A for Treating Bladder Hyperactivity in Children and Adolescents with Neuropathic Bladder Secondary to Myelomeningocele, Dataset Papers in Science, 2013, 2013, 1, , , , ,
- 14Neurology and the bladder: how to assess and manage neurogenic bladder dysfunction. With particular references to neural control of micturition, Rinsho Shinkeigaku, 2013, 53, 3, 181, , , , , ,
- 15Satisfaction and quality of life issues in patients receiving urethral botulinum toxin A injections for detrusor sphincter dyssynergia and detrusor botulinum toxin A injections for neurogenic detrusor overactivity, Tzu Chi Medical Journal, 2013, 25, 4, 195, ,
- 16The satisfaction of patients with refractory idiopathic overactive bladder with onabotulinumtoxinA and augmentation cystoplasty, Arab Journal of Urology, 2013, 11, 4, 344, ,
- 17Onabotulinumtoxin A for Treating Overactive/Poor Compliant Bladders in Children and Adolescents with Neurogenic Bladder Secondary to Myelomeningocele, Toxins, 2012, 5, 1, 16,