Conflict of interest: none.
Cost-effectiveness of an Internet-based treatment program for stress urinary incontinence
Article first published online: 17 DEC 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Neurourology and Urodynamics Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Neurourology and Urodynamics
Volume 34, Issue 3, pages 244–250, March 2015
How to Cite
Sjöström, M., Umefjord, G., Lindholm, L. and Samuelsson, E. (2015), Cost-effectiveness of an Internet-based treatment program for stress urinary incontinence. Neurourol. Urodyn., 34: 244–250. doi: 10.1002/nau.22540
Christopher Chapple led the peer-review process as the Associate Editor responsible for the paper.
- Issue published online: 12 MAR 2015
- Article first published online: 17 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Received: 3 JUL 2013
- Swedish Council for Working Life and Social Research
- Jämtland County Council
- Västerbotten County Council (ALF)
- Visare Norr, Northern County Councils, Sweden
- 3National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Urinary incontinence: The management of urinary incontinence in women. London: RCOG Press; 2006.
- 4Nonsurgical treatments for urinary incontinence in adult women: Diagnosis and comparative effectiveness. [Internet] Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US); April 2012 (Comparative Effectiveness Reviews, No. 36). Available at: http://www.effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/ehc/products/169/834/urinary-incontinence-treatment-report-130909.pdf Accessed Dec 3, 2013., , .
- 6Epidemiology of urinary (UI) and faecal (FI) incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse (POP). In: Abrams P, Cardozo L, Khoury, S, Wein, A, editors. Incontinence 4th International Consultation on Incontinence, Paris July 5–8, 2008, 4th edition. Paris: Health Publication Ltd; 2009. 35–113., , , et al.
- 7Health Online. 2013. Pew Research Center's Internet & American Life Project. [Internet] Washington, DC; 2013 (Updated January 15, 2013). Available from: http://www.pewinternet.org/Reports/2013/Health-online.aspx. Accessed Nov 27, 2013., ,
- 11Methods for the economic evaluation of health care programmes, 3rd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 2005., , , et al.
- 13Statistics Sweden. Statistical database: Labour market; salary structure, whole economy. [Internet] Stockholm, Sweden; 2013 (updated June 20, 2013). Available from: http://www.scb.se/Pages/SSD/SSD_TreeView.aspx?id=340478&ExpandNode=AM%2fAM0110. Accessed August 29, 2013.
- 25Cost-effectiveness analysis of newer anticholinergic drugs for urinary incontinence vs oxybutynin and no treatment using data on persistence from the Swedish prescribed drug registry. BJU Int 2012; 110:240–6., , , et al.
- 26Cost-effectiveness of involving nurse specialists for adult patients with urinary incontinence in primary care compared to care-as-usual: An economic evaluation alongside a pragmatic randomized controlled trial. Neurourol Urodyn 2012; 31:526–34., , , et al.
- 27The National Board of Health and Welfare. National guidelines for methods of preventing disease. [Internet] Stockholm, Sweden; 2010. Available from: http://www.socialstyrelsen.se/publikationer2010/2010-10-15/Documents/halsoekonomiskt-vetenskapligt-underlag.pdf Accessed Nov 27, 2013.