Correlation of Pax-2 expression with cell proliferation in the developing chicken inner ear
Article first published online: 7 APR 2004
Copyright © 2004 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Neurobiology
Volume 60, Issue 1, pages 61–70, July 2004
How to Cite
Li, H., Liu, H., Corrales, C. E., Mutai, H. and Heller, S. (2004), Correlation of Pax-2 expression with cell proliferation in the developing chicken inner ear. J. Neurobiol., 60: 61–70. doi: 10.1002/neu.20013
- Issue published online: 3 JUN 2004
- Article first published online: 7 APR 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 NOV 2003
- Manuscript Received: 23 JUL 2003
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Numbers: DC04563, DC006167
- National Nature Science Foundation of China. Grant Number: 30271397
- 1989. Cell proliferation during early development of the chick embryo otic anlage: quantitative comparison of migratory and nonmigratory regions of the otic epithelium. J Comp Neurol 290: 278–288. , , , , .
- 1991. Appearance and distribution of the 275 kD hair-cell antigen during development of the avian inner ear. J Comp Neurol 314: 777–788. , , .
- 2000. Sensory organ generation in the chicken inner ear: contributions of bone morphogenetic protein 4, serrate1, and lunatic fringe. J Comp Neurol 424: 509–520. , , , , , .
- 1996. The mouse Pax2(1Neu) mutation is identical to a human PAX2 mutation in a family with renal-coloboma syndrome and results in developmental defects of the brain, ear, eye, and kidney. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 93: 13870–13875. , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 1996. Cell fate specification in the inner ear. Curr Opin Neurobiol 6: 533–541. .
- 1997. Involvement of programmed cell death in morphogenesis of the vertebrate inner ear. Development 124: 2451–2461. , , , , .
- 1993. Presence of DNA strand breaks and increased sensitivity of DNA in situ to denaturation in abnormal human sperm cells: analogy to apoptosis of somatic cells. Exp Cell Res 207: 202–205. , , , .
- 2000. Competence, specification and commitment in otic placode induction. Development 127: 3489–3499. , .
- 1992. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. 1951. Dev Dyn 195: 231–272. , .
- 2002. Parvalbumin 3 is an Abundant Ca2+ Buffer in Hair Cells. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol 3: 488–498. , , , , .
- 1998. Two regulatory genes, cNkx5-1 and cPax2, show different responses to local signals during otic placode and vesicle formation in the chick embryo. Development 125: 645–654. , , , , , , .
- 1999. Expression of Pax2 and patterning of the chick inner ear. J Neurocytol 28: 795–807. , , , , .
- 1975. The temporal structure of S phase. Cell 5: 195–203. , .
- 2000. Cell proliferation and cell death in the developing chick inner ear: spatial and temporal patterns. J Comp Neurol 417: 205–220. , , .
- 2002. Expression of the transcription factors GATA3 and Pax2 during development of the mammalian inner ear. J Comp Neurol 442: 378–391. , , .
- 2004. Correlation of expression of the actin filament-bundling protein espin with stereociliary bundle formation in the developing inner ear. J Comp Neurol 468: 125–134. , , , , , .
- 2003a. Multipotent stem cells from the adult mouse inner ear. Nature Med 9: 1293–1299. , , .
- 2003b. Generation of hair cells by directed differentiation of embryonic stem cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 100: 13495–13500. , , , .
- 1990. Spatially and temporally restricted expression of Pax2 during murine neurogenesis. Development 109: 797–809. , , , , .
- 2000. Reduced Pax2 gene dosage increases apoptosis and slows the progression of renal cystic disease. Dev Biol 219: 250–258. , , , .
- 1990. Identification of a 275-kD protein associated with the apical surfaces of sensory hair cells in the avian inner ear. J Cell Biol 110: 1055–1066. , , .
- 1999. The deltaA gene of zebrafish mediates lateral inhibition of hair cells in the inner ear and is regulated by pax2.1. Development 126: 5669–5678. , , , .
- 2001. Development of the vertebrate inner ear. Ann NY Acad Sci 942: 1–14. , , .
- 1996. Regionalized expression of Nkx5-1, Nkx5-2, Pax2 and sek genes during mouse inner ear development. Hear Res 99: 129–138. , , .
- 1997. Expression of myosin VIIA during mouse embryogenesis. Anat Embryol (Berl) 196: 159–170. , , , , .
- 2002. Differential expression of Otx2, Gbx2, Pax2, and Fgf8 in the developing vestibular and auditory sensory organs. Brain Res Bull 57: 321–323. , , .
- 1990. Epithelial autonomy in the development of the inner ear of a bird embryo. Dev Biol 137: 243–257. , , .
- 1996. Pax2 contributes to inner ear patterning and optic nerve trajectory. Development 122: 3381–3391. , , .
- 1996. Sensory organ generation in the chick inner ear. J Neurosci 16: 6454–6462. , .