Article first published online: 3 MAY 2002
Copyright © 2002 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Research in Nursing & Health
Volume 25, Issue 3, pages 176–188, June 2002
How to Cite
Lake, E. T. (2002), Development of the practice environment scale of the nursing work index. Res. Nurs. Health, 25: 176–188. doi: 10.1002/nur.10032
The author is grateful to Marlene Kramer for making available her 1985–1986 nurse survey data, to Linda Aiken for making available her 1999 nurse survey data, and to Julie Sochalski and Christopher Friese for their contributions to the study.
This article draws on papers by Eileen Lake, Julie Sochalski, and Ann Boulis presented at the 1999 Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Research Congress and the 2000 Eastern Sociological Society Meeting.
- Issue published online: 3 MAY 2002
- Article first published online: 3 MAY 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 FEB 2002
- Manuscript Received: 23 OCT 2001
- National Institute of Nursing Research. Grant Numbers: K01-NR00166, R01-NR04513
- Research Foundation of the University of Pennsylvania
- American Nurses Foundation
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.