Associate Professor, Dillard University; Visiting Assistant Professor, The University of Iowa.
Household income and spiritual well-being but not body mass index as determinants of poor self-rated health among African American adolescents†
Article first published online: 27 MAR 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Research in Nursing & Health
Volume 35, Issue 3, pages 219–230, June 2012
How to Cite
Powell-Young, Y. M. (2012), Household income and spiritual well-being but not body mass index as determinants of poor self-rated health among African American adolescents. Res. Nurs. Health, 35: 219–230. doi: 10.1002/nur.21473
The authors would like to thank the parents and youth for volunteering their participation. The development of this work was supported in part by grants from the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (P20 MD00481701) and the National Institute for Nursing Research (T32 NR007110). Thanks to Dr. Cruz Valesco-Gonzalez for statistical support.
- Issue published online: 6 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 27 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 FEB 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.