“Flying by the seat of our pants”: What dementia family caregivers want in an advanced caregiver training program†
Article first published online: 21 AUG 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Research in Nursing & Health
Volume 35, Issue 6, pages 598–609, December 2012
How to Cite
Samia, L. W., Hepburn, K. and Nichols, L. (2012), “Flying by the seat of our pants”: What dementia family caregivers want in an advanced caregiver training program. Res. Nurs. Health, 35: 598–609. doi: 10.1002/nur.21504
The first author was a participant in the 2011 NLN Scholarly Writing Retreat, sponsored by the NLN Foundation for Nursing Education. This project was supported in part by grant number 90AE0342/01, from the U.S. Administration on Aging, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Grantees undertaking projects under government sponsorship are encouraged to express their findings and conclusions freely. Points of view or opinions do not, therefore, necessarily represent official Administration on Aging policy. The author gratefully acknowledges all Savvy Caregiver team members and research team members: Mark Richards, Research Analyst, and Danielle Westcott, Research Associate, both from the Muskie School of Public Service, University of Southern Maine.
- Issue published online: 9 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 21 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.