Article first published online: 19 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Research in Nursing & Health
Volume 36, Issue 3, pages 228–241, June 2013
How to Cite
Pope, D. S., Gallun, F. J. and Kampel, S. (2013), Effect of hospital noise on patients' ability to hear, understand, and recall speech. Res. Nurs. Health, 36: 228–241. doi: 10.1002/nur.21540
This material is based upon work supported by the Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Office of Research and Development, Health Services Research Development Nursing Research Initiative (NRI-08-120).
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the position or policy of the Department of Veterans Affairs or the United States government.
Presentation of preliminary study results was made at the annual conference of the American Academy of Communication in Healthcare in Scottsdale, AZ in October 2010.
- Issue published online: 22 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 19 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 FEB 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.