At the time this research was done, Ms. Buchanan and Ms. Hsu were undergraduate nursing student assistants. Both are now registered nurses.
Sex differences in sick role behavior during hospitalization after open heart surgery
Article first published online: 20 JUL 2009
Copyright © 1978 Wiley Periodicals, Inc., A Wiley Company
Research in Nursing & Health
Volume 1, Issue 1, pages 37–48, April 1978
How to Cite
Brown, J. S., Buchanan, D. and Hsu, L.-N. (1978), Sex differences in sick role behavior during hospitalization after open heart surgery. Res. Nurs. Health, 1: 37–48. doi: 10.1002/nur.4770010109
- Issue published online: 20 JUL 2009
- Article first published online: 20 JUL 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 14 FEB 1978
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 FEB 1978
- Manuscript Received: 7 DEC 1977
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.