Iola Smith, PhD, RN, was the director of nursing research, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, and an associate professor, University of Toronto when the study was conducted. Maisie Hathaway, RN, is the nursing unit administrator of the Recovery Room responsible for the IV team. Carol Goldman, BScN, RN, is an infection control nurse and James Brunton, MD, an associate professor at the University of Toronto, was chairman of the Infection Control Committee at Mount Sinai Hospital when the study was conducted. John Ng, BSc, laboratory technologist, and Andrew E. Simor, MD, an assistant professor at the University of Toronto, are members of the Department of Microbiology, Mount Sinai Hospital. Donald E. Low, MD, is the associate chairman of the Department of Microbiology, University of Toronto, and director of the Department of Microbiology at Mount Sinai Hospital.
A randomized study to determine complications associated with duration of insertion of Heparin locks
Version of Record online: 19 JAN 2007
Copyright © 1990 Wiley Periodicals, Inc., A Wiley Company
Research in Nursing & Health
Volume 13, Issue 6, pages 367–373, December 1990
How to Cite
Smith, I., Hathaway, M., Goldman, C., Ng, J., Brunton, J., Simor, A. E. and Low, D. E. (1990), A randomized study to determine complications associated with duration of insertion of Heparin locks. Res. Nurs. Health, 13: 367–373. doi: 10.1002/nur.4770130604
- Issue online: 19 JAN 2007
- Version of Record online: 19 JAN 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 10 APR 1990
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 APR 1990
- Manuscript Received: 28 AUG 1989
- National Health Research and Development Program. Grant Number: 6606–3251–43
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.