Special Issue Paper
From solicitation to search: a study of monitoring costs as a driver of donor giving behavior in online portal websites
Article first published online: 28 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing
Special Issue: Testing Mechanisms for Philanthropic Behaviour
Volume 16, Issue 4, pages 409–420, November 2011
How to Cite
Wardell, C. and Ashley, S. R. (2011), From solicitation to search: a study of monitoring costs as a driver of donor giving behavior in online portal websites. Int. J. Nonprofit Volunt. Sect. Mark., 16: 409–420. doi: 10.1002/nvsm.436
- Issue published online: 28 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 28 NOV 2011
- Georgia Tech Tennenbaum Institute
- 1990. Impure altruism and donations to public goods: a theory of warm-glow giving. The Economic Journal 100: 464–477. .
- 1973. A theory of marriage: part I. Journal of Political Economy 81: 813–846. .
- 2011. A literature review of empirical studies of philanthropy: eight mechanisms that drive charitable giving. Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly 40: 924–973. , .
- 2004. A theory of impact philanthropy. Journal of Public Economics 88: 2159–2180. .
- 2001. Strategic positioning and the financing of nonprofit organizations: is efficiency rewarded in the contributions marketplace? Public Administration Review 61: 266. , .
- 1996. A signaling explanation for private charity. American Economic Review 86: 1019–1028. , .
- 1996. Giving to charity: questioning the donor decision process. Journal of Consumer Marketing 13: 4–13. , .
- 1979. Job matching and the theory of turnover. Journal of Political Economy 87: 972–990. .
- 1979. Studies in economics of search. In Contributions to Economic Analysis. North Holland Publishing Company: Amsterdam, The Netherlands. , .
- 1995. Signaling quality with a money-back guarantee: the role of transaction costs. Marketing Science 14: 442–466. , .
- 2005. Observational study. In Encyclopedia of Statistics in Behavioral Science, Everitt B, Howell D (eds). John Wiley & Sons: Hoboken, NJ; 1451–1462. .
- 1973. Models of market organization with imperfect information: a survey. Public Administration Review 81: 1283–1308. .
- 2001. The role of perceptions in predicting donor value. Journal of Marketing Management 17: 407–428. , , .
- 2006. Economic theories of nonprofit organizations. In The Nonprofit Sector: A Research Handbook, Steinberg R, Powell W (eds). Yale University Press: New Haven, NJ. .
- 1961. The economics of information. Journal of Political Economy 69: 213–225. .
- 1969. Model, need and cost effects in helping behaviour. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 12: 111–116. , .
- 2009. Signaling and Search in Humanitarian Giving: Models of Donor and Organization Behavior in the Humanitarian Space. School of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology: Atlanta, GA. .
- 2010. Helping behavior, dispositional empathic concern and the principle of care. Social Psychology Quarterly 73: 11–32. , .
- 1979. Transaction-cost economics: the governance of contractual relations. Journal of Law and Economics 22: 233–261. .